Blue Screen On Start-up help

NAIDANAC A

Car(s)
300E
When ever I try to start my computer I get a windows memory dump.

Now I had some viruses earlier today and avast and avg deleted them and cleaned them up (I thought). My computer eventually crashed so when rebooted it blue screen since.

I've done safe mode and ran both avg and avast again and they cleaned up even more stuff (I guess I went to a bad linked site yesterday).

Now I have no idea what to do. I am not going to reformat until I get my new hard drive so I can back everything up, is there anyway I can re-install windows that may fix any missing files or am I sol?

Can you tell us what the blur screen message is? There are lots of things. My PC gives me a blue screen (or a restart unless I disable it) because it thinks my Mobo isn't ACPI compatible. Only way to cure it is to have a USB flash drive plugged in permanently.

Could also be bad hardware. Please let us know.

Its a physical memory dump.

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

Be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adapters.

Check your hardware vender for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as shadowing or caching.

Last edited:
Some system files could have been corrupted or deleted. Have you got a recovery partition? If you do, tyr booting from that and seeing if there is a repair option. If not. you may be able to recover some of your files from here.
If you still have your installation disc (and are running windows vista, unsure if this works on xp), you can boot from the disc and there is an option to repair your copy of windows (you may have to click install windows and it will detect the copy already installed and ask if you want to repair it). That may fix any files that have been corrupted/deleted.

I'm not a huge expert on this, I'm just going by what I know from having to repair my computer myself. Hope it does help though :)

Now I am trying to reinstall windows...and it says I do not have a hard drive installed to install it on. The hard drive is found in my bios and can actually be booted too (then blue screens). So any idea on this?

I just completely reformatted and everything is somewhat back to normal. Computer seems slightly slower...but that could just be because I am updating everything atm.

.......that is called the blue screen of death.....