BMW 1 series with a de-tuned engine

Kip_6666

I Bought This Title :o
http://www.autocarmag.com/FirstDrive_Summary.asp?RT_ID=217167

The v8 out of the previous model m5.

Silly germans.

289551128350.jpg

?75k seems a lot for what began as a 116i, but in place of the old four-pot Hartge has shoehorned in an E39 M5’s 5.0-litre V8, tuned to produce 444bhp and 376lb ft of torque. Both BMW’s Z8 and Hartge’s Z4 have used this motor before, yet both felt like a waste of an engine that always belonged in the M5. But in the H1 it’s a beautiful installation, set well back in the engine bay to achieve a 52:48 front:rear weight distribution, and at 1455kg it’s just 40kg heavier than a 120d.

How, HOW, did they fiit that thing in there??? And even caliming that its well back in the engine bay?!?

Well I dont care, this would be the 1-series I'd like to have! 444BHP??!! IN A 1 SERIES

Oh my.... Ooooooh my.... Oh yes, I want it, must have it.

Whatever Hartge are smoking / drinking they should keep it up :thumbsup:

I'm intrigued how they made it fit too - though I suppose the engine bay is long enough for an I6 motor, so the only issue would be the space between the suspension towers.

:woot:

fbc said:
Whatever Hartge are smoking / drinking they should keep it up

Bottle it and sell commercially as well, I'd buy some ...obviously some funky stuff :p

?75,000 :shock:

haz

1455kg :?
I'm struggling to find out, what the point of having this, is.
A small car should have a small weight, otherwise its not fun. You can get a normal size car that has the same weight as this beemer.
If I want a small powerful car, I want it to feel like a gokart. Light, quick, sharp, and responsive., And no matter what engine power, the hartge beemer will remain a heavy car.
So, given this weight, I would get something bigger size, and more comfortable.

The top of the iceberg is the price. ?75k for this pointless car? Hell no! :?

pdanev said:
1455kg :?
I'm struggling to find out, what the point of having this, is.
A small car should have a small weight, otherwise its not fun. You can get a normal size car that has the same weight as this beemer.
If I want a small powerful car, I want it to feel like a gokart. Light, quick, sharp, and responsive., And no matter what engine power, the hartge beemer will remain a heavy car.
So, given this weight, I would get something bigger size, and more comfortable.

The top of the iceberg is the price. ?75k for this pointless car? Hell no! :?

As far as I know the M3 weighs 1600 kg, so actually this isn't that bad.

Josty, a Toyota Altezza (or Lexus IS if you will), weighs above the same as this beemer bit less or more depending on equipment. Take a base model, put that v8 in there, and you have the same weight/power, but a big comfortable car.

pdanev said:
Josty, a Toyota Altezza (or Lexus IS if you will), weighs above the same as this beemer bit less or more depending on equipment. Take a base model, put that v8 in there, and you have the same weight/power, but a big comfortable car.

I think I misread the 1455, with 1255.. :?

Car still sucks, wonder what Jeremy has to say about it.

pdanev said:

they already did that :mrgreen:

FT-WoW-B800-IS430.jpg

PDR_0306.JPG

that is so fucking unnecessary :thumbsup:

patrick10 said:
they definetly shouldve made that car^^

Its in the works of being made now.

As for the BMW its kool and fast and all, but its so clunky and so expensive!