• Alpina

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • BMW

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Both

Votes: 13 39.4%

• Total voters

Wan60

BMW makes masterful pieces of engineering such as the new BMW F10 M5, and the other M cars. The normal counterparts of the M cars fare well also.

And Alpina on the other hand, tunes the engines and changes details on the dash a bit. Makes it look more of a 'gentleman's ride'. Such as the B5 Biturbo and the B3, which to me, the B3 might be a sporty saloon alternative to the M4.

I'm just curious, which one is better, and which one do you prefer? I'm just simply torn in between. I love them both.

I tend to like the kind of motoring that Alpina stands for. Luxo-barges with lots of toys, not necessarily as sporting as the M cars.

And I have a major hard-on for the D3 Biturbo Touring atm. It ticks pretty much all the boxes for me.

D5 biturbo FTW

ALPINA_D5_05.jpg

I'll have it in brown

I hate those chin spoilers on most of Alpinas. I know its their thing becuse of the CLS 3.0, but it just doest transfer well to 90's cars and beyond

If one wants a bi-turbo, there's the B10

Alpina-B10-Bi-Turbo-based-on-BMW-5er-E34-.jpg

Or if one turbo is enough...

1981_bmw-alpina_b7_s_turbo-10986-142-800x0.jpg

In general I think I'd prefer a 3- or 7-series to be a BMW, While I really like Alpina version of all 5-series generations. Then again, modern BMWs are so meh, that anything Alpina does with them would be an improvement. :)

Those white stripes need to die.

They certainly make it look a bit busy. I'm torn really when it comes to the E28, the Alpina model looks good but a standard M5 is much cleaner looking and looks good as it is. :think:

BMW makes masterful pieces of engineering such as the new BMW F10 M5, and the other M cars. The normal counterparts of the M cars fare well also.

And Alpina on the other hand, tunes the engines and changes details on the dash a bit. Makes it look more of a 'gentleman's ride'. Such as the B5 Biturbo and the B3, which to me, the B3 might be a sporty saloon alternative to the M4.

I'm just curious, which one is better, and which one do you prefer? I'm just simply torn in between. I love them both.

That is seriously short-selling the amount of work and dedication Alpina puts into the cars.

Alpina has their strong points, they make great engines, don't hate 3-series Tourings like BMW M does, their interiors look great. But why, for the love of everything that is petrolheaded, do they insist on fitting a stupid slushbox in every single car they build? It's enough to push me over the side of the M-boys. At least they still enjoy a fine manual from time to time.

Those white stripes need to die.

They're not white, they are gold or silver (buyer's choice) and are a no-cost optional extra. I think no Alpina is complete without them.

Those stripes may have looked ok on old alpinas, but today they look like a vintage accessorie on a modern car and just do not fit.

Poll: Wich one do you prefer: a, b or a and b.

:rolleyes: you cannot prefer both. just saying.

I prefer BMW. I don?t like what Alpina does designwise. Never liked the typical wheels, never liked the stripes. Apart from that, I like what they do, but then I might just have a "normal" BMW or get my engine tuned somewhere else.

Last edited:
That is seriously short-selling the amount of work and dedication Alpina puts into the cars.

I do highly apologize Adunaphel. I haven't really delved in much of the Alpina history and backstory of it. Though I have see many fine examples Alpina has done in my childhood ages, but that was when the clutch was barely understandable to me.

Though I do find that the worksmanship they project is staggering. I see they put into account even the finest details.

I have allways liked how Alpina makes their cars. Alpinas are not as hard as the BMW?s M?s or M-sports are, but they still have that sportyness and i like their styling. I have been looking for a e46 B3 with autobox, but those are still so damn expensive.

Do want:
alpina_seuf4_551.jpg

I've always been a sucker for those Alpina pinstripes..

I recently did a review of a E39 Alpina B10 V8 and I must say I really liked the Alpina way of combining performance, comfort and luxury. Really looking forward to trying out more Alpinas in the future.

I don't like the Style of the Alpinas: Their Spoilers, Stripes, Rims...

So allthough I like the Idea of more comfort oriented yet fast cars - BMW wins for me :)

I don't like the Style of the Alpinas: Their Spoilers, Stripes, Rims...

So allthough I like the Idea of more comfort oriented yet fast cars - BMW wins for me :)

Complete opposite for me.