BMW or Merc

BMW or Merc

• Mercedes Benz E320

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Renesis said:
justin syder said:
Youve driven the TL, which is notorious for the worst torque steer in the business, and managed to keep it straight without fighting the steering wheel? Right.... Stop making up stuff.

well perhaps i should have been on a track to really notice that. :wink:

second, i agree with you on the whole appearence thing, its not on par with the germans BUT you do not take into consideration the other factors that make the TL a good car. interior comfort, features/gadgets, PRACTICALITY.

the price is still way cheaper than that of Benz and BMW not matter if you feel that it should have a honda badge. you would be able to have a TL before a E or 5 i can garantee that.

all im saying is that the TL is a good car if you are looking to have a mid-sized sedan without having to sacrifice your wallet. it should be considered. you guys have to get past the badge and exterior THEN criticise it if u feel it isnt on par.

go to an acura dealership, try me.

Funny thing is if your dad didn't own one you'd be telling us how much it sucks compared to a M-B E Class! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

so why would i say that it isnt good in terms of looks and performance?

i'd take a BMW or E over it but my point is that you guys are brushing it off.

its a nice daily driver, you want fun get a SPORTS sedan or sports car, i.e. M5, E55 etc.

justin syder said:
so why would i say that it isnt good in terms of looks and performance?

i'd take a BMW or E over it but my point is that you guys are brushing it off.

its a nice daily driver, you want fun get a SPORTS sedan or sports car, i.e. M5, E55 etc.
The problem with that is that an M5 or E55 is 50,000 MORE THAN THE TL!!!! Kinda hard to do.

We are not brushing it off. But you have to consider its faults, and its faults are greater than the BMWs or Mercs.

well i think i have considered its faults but i feel that you guys are going only by brand in this case.

have you sat inside a TL or drove it? im defending it cause i know the car first hand. no cuz its a biased opinion on defending my dad's ride.

justin syder said:
well i think i have considered its faults but i feel that you guys are going only by brand in this case.

have you sat inside a TL or drove it? im defending it cause i know the car first hand. no cuz its a biased opinion on defending my dad's ride.
I have sat inside, but I havent driven it. But every magazine that has driven the TL have mentioned its terrible torque steer and wheel hop. And you do have to consider its brand image. Look at Volkswagen. Why do you think that the Phaeton isnt selling? Its a fabulous car but in the UK, they sold only 20 (Evo, October 2003). And the TL has many nice features. For the price, its a very good car. But we are asking what is better, a TL or an E-Class or 5-Series? And the answer is no. It is still a Honda, in its looks and construction.

are you going to be doing the driving that those magazines do, serious performance testing type?

thats why i think it doesnt really matter, its not a car that is made for precision handling that the germans are good at. its made for the family with great options as standard, affordable price, and comfy interior for long trips etc.

i was even advising my dad to consider the E or the 5 but he says that you have to pay more and that the TL is fairly comparable. hes not too into cars but i can understand how badge means more to me than him.

and the phaeton is a really great car but based on exterior styling and badge i would, as in case of a TL, go german. similarly though, the TL and Phaeton are similar in their flaws and positives. there are better cars but they can be considered and even appealing to others.

well obviously the germans are best at that stuff but you will notice the space in the car or ride comfort more than heavy torque steer.

even if you notice it the practicality of the car is not lost. sure you cant take esp off in the E but does that really bother you or do you care more about the wood trim, comfort in the heated seats or other things.

justin syder said:
and the phaeton is a really great car but based on exterior styling and badge i would, as in case of a TL, go german.

VW is german y'know? :wink:

yes, when i meant german i meant the REAL german manufactures, Porsche, BMW, Mercedes-Benz. :wink:

justin syder said:
yes, when i meant german i meant the REAL german manufactures, Porsche, BMW, Mercedes-Benz. :wink:

Hey, 3 of our cars are VWs!! :evil:
:wink:

cya
Oli

:oops: :oops: :oops:

:lol: uhh :? Ren made me say it.

its true, porsche evolved out of VW back in the 1950's. the 356 had the beetle engine and some othe components.

There is a group of guys with old Volkswagen Beetles that run at the drag strip near my place. They've all dropped early 70s 911 engines into their Beetles (which suprisingly you can do with little to no major modifications). The majority of them run low 12 second quarter mile times consistantly which is pretty amazing. With all the extra power in the rear, off the line they usually launch the front wheels off the ground about a foot.

That has got to be the ultimate sleeper. :D