BMW Z4: Spied

Homer_Bart

Car(s)
2007 BMW 320i
One of the most controversially-designed but immensely satisfying driver?s cars, the BMW Z4, is almost at its tail?s end. These are the latest spy photos of its replacement, the 2010 version which has been spied a few times before already. The roof looks like a two-piece hard-top convertible which if it makes it into final production, will mark BMW Z?s first foray into tin top territory.

What makes these particular pictures special, apart from the red colour, is how little effort BMW has put into hiding the car from us. Of course 9 out of 10 times they get found out anyway, which is why we still advocate for a ?less is more? policy across the board from all manufacturers in future. Ok, we can dream can?t we?

Even in this state a few details are still under wraps, like the front and rear lights, the latter though giving clear clues as to the styling direction the Z4 is taking. We can see how the rear bumper convexes toward the concave boot lid. Z4 is expected to show its first public face at Detroit in January 2009, with production commencing a few months later in Germany.

9081013_010_1L2.jpg

9081013_010_Mini3L2.jpg

9081013_010_Mini4L2.jpg

9081013_010_Mini5L2.jpg

9081013_010_Mini6L2.jpg

that's pretty ugly..... :( the current one is so awesome looking.

To be honest, I'm not particularly fond of that, a Z4 with a tin roof.

The rear around the boot and lights makes me think, from that pic, of a M6/6 series to be honest...it's strange.

TBH I don't see that much difference from the current one! With all the camouflage shit on it, and with it probably looking different in the end anyway, it's too soon to judge.

I'll wait until I see the real thing. And yes, the current Z4 looks very very good. Please dont mess it up BMW!

That's actually quite an effective disguise - it's hiding the surfacing extremely well (there's a heap of creases in the body being concealed). I'll wait until I see it naked (err, the car I mean...) before passing judgement - but I will say that roofline isn't working for me at all.

Can't see shit from the spy pics.

Will wait for official pics before I make any personal opinion about the upcoming Z4.

But I've always been a big fan of the Z4 series, in fact the Z4M is still my favourite convertible, yup... I like it more than the S2000 : p

I think it's going to look great! Bit like the current Z4, just a bit toned down .... the lines on the side of the current model never really did it for me and it always looked a bit low at the rear ...... stuffing a metal roof into the boot has fixed that design issue. Put a bigger set of rims on this and :wub: .... think I might start saving.

I think it's going to look great! Bit like the current Z4, just a bit toned down .... the lines on the side of the current model never really did it for me and it always looked a bit low at the rear ......

The crease-lines on the bodysides are still there - they're just being hid very well by the disguise - the surfacing on the sides looks very similar to the current Z4, which is no bad thing in my book.

Oh no! They've cleaned the design :( It's beginning to look like an old SLK.

The crease-lines on the bodysides are still there - they're just being hid very well by the disguise - the surfacing on the sides looks very similar to the current Z4, which is no bad thing in my book.

Yes, I see the high and low accent lines ... but it has done away with that strong triangular construct on the door of the current Z4

I'll wait until the official images are released until I decide how truely ugly it is, however from the spy shots the rear end just doesn't look right to me, looks like they've made it bigger to accommodate the tin top roof. I like the black and white swirly camouflage thou, BMW should make it an official colour option!

Holy crap, how could you get it that wrong? Ok, sorry, the answer is obvious.

Well, from what can be seen a definite improvement over the current Z4.

Seriously, if it doesn't look all depressed and shit from the front it will work for me. The current Z4, which is supposed to be a pure, unadulterated roadster looks like it's crying with those headlamps... now what kind of look is that for a sports car?