BMW's new superbike : S 1000 RR

This is the one I sat on last night, the K 1200 R. BMW has this one in their "Urban" section, but it's still a sport bike. I love the cyborg styling.

Not a bad-looking bike, but this was in the "Riders Speak" section:

Submitted by:Cortez Carter
Bike: K 1200 R
Date: 07/23/06

As the on-lookers stared, the silver Corvette eased up to the traffic light like a predator fixed on it prey. A warning-rev of his massive engine declared his unmistakable intent, to pounce on this strange animal. After all, he is King of the Urban Jungle. Red light, Yellow light and then GREEN!!! In that exact instant the Corvette found out that the K1200R is has lethal speed, nimble responce and is anything but prey. Trapped and tripped in confusion, he is absolutely mawled by the K1200R and left bewildered. At the next Traffic light, the Corvette driver says, "Nice bike dude. What is it?" I lift my helmet in salutory respect and say, "Unashamedly BMW, Unapologetically Fast" Green Light. I vanished. I absolutely love my K1200R. Unlike other bikes I've had, its power and grace are unstated but always present in case you need to take a little respect.

I'm sorry, but that obviously concocted drivel is why I hate the BMW image and most of the douches that buy into that crap.

Apparently it will have 190hp and weigh 190kg...

190kg dry weight is quite heavy.. My Sook comes into battle with a mere 168kg.. So i think BMW needs to put that thing on a diet..

Here's another of BMW competition bikes.
6440.jpg

54419.jpg

The rider is swedish seven times world champion Anders Eriksson!

Last edited:
Lets see, that's .19 tonne, so multiply the power by ~5, and you get ... 950hp/tonne ...

I said tonne, not ton. Tonne is exactly 1000kg (giving 1000hp/tonne), you're thinking imperial.

Blind_Io, I have seen a few versions of this video, but this one is GREAT!:rofl: I would +rep if I could.

I said tonne, not ton. Tonne is exactly 1000kg (giving 1000hp/tonne), you're thinking imperial.
Yeah yeah yeah, I know what a tonne is. That's what I get for doing conversions off the top of my head when I've been drinking.

V4 Hondas, baby!
That was the funniest thing I've seen in a while! But I can't +rep you either :shakefist:.

Last edited:
*droooooool*

Lets see, that's .19 tonne, so multiply the power by ~5, and you get ... 950hp/tonne ...

mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpg

I love blacked out superbikes, and the fact that the fairings are carbon fiber only makes it better. They should make that an optional color scheme.

seconded good sir!

^That bike is my be all end all dream bike! I walked around with an erection for months when i saw it for the first time...

^That bike is my be all end all dream bike! I walked around with an erection for months when i saw it for the first time...

You should probably get that checked out by a doctor.

^It's a guy thing.. :p

Nothing like oval pistons and 8 valves per cylinder with 2 connecting rods per piston!! :lol: Crazy Honda engineers.

oooh man, that reminds me how much i really wanna get my '84 VFR-500 fixed up...stupid darn cracked case...poor thing bleeding oil everywhere :cry: