Bond 25 - "No Time To Die" - due for release April 2020

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
As it’s in the works I thought we might as well start a thread.

It would appear the lastest 007 movie is having a rather difficult birth.

• Daniel Craig is persuaded to do one more on the basis that Danny Boyle will direct.
  • Boyle leaves the project due to the old chestnut of “creative differences”.
  • Craig and producers decide script is not funny enough. “Fleabag” writer and star Phoebe Waller-Bridge has been parachuted in to add more humourous lines. Insert facepalm here.
  • Latest rumours about plot centre on Bond retiring to Jamaica, the 007 designation being given to a female agent who ends up in a situation requiring Bond to return to save the day. Which sounds awful.

Last edited:

• Daniel Craig is persuaded to do one more on the basis that Danny Boyle will direct.
  • Craig and producers decide script is not funny enough. “Fleabag” writer and star Phoebe Waller-Bridge has been parachuted in to add more humourous lines. Insert facepalm here.
  • Latest rumours about plot centre on Bond retiring to Jamaica, the 007 designation being given to a female agent who ends up in a situation requiring Bond to return to save the day. Which sounds awful.

Yeah, it doesn't sound like a recipe for success. I've been surprised that they even want Craig back, considering how much he openly dislikes the role. Allowing him to influence the script in any way is even crazier. They should just recast the role and get it over with. Bring on people who actually want to be there.

That last rumor about a female 007 seems like a bad idea, on multiple levels. I don't think the intersectional crowd would be impressed with having
a woman 007, if it means needing a man to save her life.

I wonder what car that new 007 would drive...

:razz:

• Sad
Reactions: TC
Oh joy, Craig's Diamonds are Forever. This'll be fun.

Why does a Bond film need humor?

There has always been humour in Bond films. Hell, even Fleming himself loved a double entendre.

Or did you never spot the innuendo in Pussy Galore or Plenty O’Toole?

Yes, but something tells me thats not the king they’re trying to shoehorn into this. Bond humor is always “chuckle at the cleverness”, not “laugh out loud jokes.”

Btw, currently going through all the Fleming novels on audiobook again. Currently on Diamonds are Forever, just past the part where Leiter surprises the shit out of James with his Studillac.

Bond films have always tapped into the prevailing zeitgeist.

Live and Let Die tied in with the blaxploitation trend of the early 70s, Moonraker to the boost sci-fi got as a result of the Star Wars films, Goldeneye followed the break up of the Soviet Union and so on. It also explains why the last two themes have been by Adele and Sam Smith due to their immense popularity at the moment.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-48054674

I'd forgotten Phoebe Waller-Bridge also wrote the screenplay for the first season of Killing Eve so perhaps having her along as co-writer isn't such a bad thing after all, given how well that show was received globally.

Who's the bond girl and can she in any way top Bérénice Marlohe's Sévérine?

C3Kjddy.jpg

Rami Malek confirmed as the villain.

It better not be called Eclipse. We don't need a Bond film sharing a title with a Twilight film.

C3Kjddy.jpg

Rumour has it that the movie will start with Bond retired and living on Jamaica but something happens to coax him out of retirement yadda yadda.

Since Lea Sedoux is reprising her role as Madeleine Swann I'm half expecting her to be shacked up with him and die early, rather like Marie Kreuz at the start of Bourne Supremacy, which would be a bit of a cop out especially since it was the arrival of Jason Bourne in cinemas that gave the 007 franchise the long overdue kick up the arse that it needed and inspired the reboot.

Well, I was looking forward to a new Bond...

A new film or a new actor? I always look forward to a new Bond film, but each time always find myself just slightly disappointed.

If they're looking for a title I would suggest "Close, But No Cigar" - it has the advantage of containing two letter "O"s which they can morph into 007 as part of the opening titles.

A new film. I've really enjoyed Craig as Bond. I've been rewatching some of the Pierce Brosnan films recently and have a new appreciation for his take on the character. Moore and Lazenby remain my least favorites.

C3Kjddy.jpg
DAMN

The film was so forgettable I even forgot about her.