Boxset Seasons 1-20

da_F

Car(s)
BMW 116d M-Pack
Anybody an idea, if this includes the shortenend US-version or is it the full-deal?

top_gear_dvd_1-20.jpg

http://www.boxsetstore.com/top-gear-seasons-1-20-dvd-boxset.html

Is "The hit us show" just absolutely wrong or did somebody try to make a joke about the current situation?

That's a little confusing. It says Seasons 1-20, and the exterior pics are of TGUK...but the discs inside and the description are of TGUS.

I wonder how legitimate this release is...

I saw a box set of TG UK Seasons 1-20 on a site called 969mall.com and emailed asking whether or not it was the full BBC broadcasts. They responded back saying that the DVD's were region-specific. I wrote back asking again if it was the BBC broadcast and never got a reply.

I'm almost tempted to order them anyway, but it's one of those things where if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

It is a bootleg. I picked a similar one (seasons 1 through 14 at the time) at a used bookstore a while back. Its just a packaging of the rips that used to be linked on this site (and in some cases worse quality) with a really basic dvd menu. Its nice to have something on the shelf to make up for the fact the first few series were never put out, but it is in no way a great find or something to replace the legit copies or better quality copies that used to be linked here.

Buy cheapo external HDD, "obtain" episodes through a series of tubes and enjoy the full UK version without cuts or shitty changed music that the international version gets.

Bought it and, after about 2 weeks, arrived this morning. What do i know....I was just looking for a TG DVD set as complete as possible. Ended up at amazon.uk where this particular set was sponsored... First impression when unwrapping the package: Oh, No!!! It's Top Gear US !!! ( according to the 'Hit US Show' on the box top (no piccie on the site), "The show follows a similar format of the BBC version..." and ".... studio segments take place at the former Marine Corps Air Station El Toro... " . ) Nothing like that is described on the site !

Still... opening the box, first 3 discs with a picture of the US hosts.... just about all others with a piccie of Clarkson,Hammer and May ( sigh of relief... ) what a mess....

Still.... i think all's well. Tried a couple quickly, looks great, sounds great, subtitles and all. Some i saw close with the BBC presentor introducing the next program.... So i suppose it's not really legit. Still i payed $149... Sofar very happy with my 56 Top Gear DVD's !

What i wanted to ask : is there something like an overview with brief description of all TG episodes available ?

Thanks a lot for any information about that !

cheers,
kodi

I would love, if someone ordered this and they received Jabba VCD rips.