Brand loyalties: where do yours lie?

Im Apple. I used to not care but after using Apple shit for 2 years (iPhone, Mac Book pro, Pro Tools Rigs ect...) i cant even go near a windows computer anymore.

Im Apple.

4403849107_9c06f7ce7b.jpg

For those who don't get it, he says "Hey Apple" :p

I respect peoples choice of Apple over MS and others. You're wrong, but I respect you. :mrgreen:

I always buy brands that are not so popular among others. Don't know why... I probably just like to go against the tide.

For example these:
Everybody had Nokia phones -> I bought Siemens
10 years later everybody tells me to get Android or iPhone -> I buy Nokia Symbian phone
Everybody says french cars are crap -> I buy Renault

And so on. :p

I always buy brands that are not so popular among others. Don't know why... I probably just like to go against the tide.

For example these:
Everybody had Nokia phones -> I bought Siemens
10 years later everybody tells me to get Android or iPhone -> I buy Nokia Symbian phone
Everybody says french cars are crap -> I buy Renault

And so on. :p

Screenshot2011-07-25at114047AM.png

Another Thinkpaddict here :D I've purchased both new and used, and all of them work like clockwork, even 10 years on. Even if something breaks, parts are cheap and so easy to replace, it's great.

http://img825.imageshack.**/img825/7510/dsc84612222.jpg

So modern Apple product ownership is kind of like cancer? :p
Hehe :) Well there were actual logical reasons for it
1)iPhone - I wanted to cut down on the number of devices I carried, so w/e I used had to have music/video support and internet/IM. I had a work Blackberry that did all of those things but the internet wasn't a full "desktop" experience, music/video was somewhat limited and it had very hard to discover 3rd party stuff and most wasn't all that good. Android only had the G1 and I absolutely would never have gone to T-Mobile not to mention that it was still a very raw platform at the time with very little 3rd party support.
2)G/f wanted a Mac so I got her one :p
3)AEBS - wanted to go to 11n on my network and that was the only router that had consistently good reviews. I looked at more expensive routers and they all had lower reviews since my old router would randomly lock up and die and the new one that ran like clockwork couldn't support 11n (it was a custom built job that used an embedded style board and could only accept miniPCI as opposed to miniPCI-E) I settled on that. An additional point in favor was the fact that it had a USB port and could share drives on the network (that was before I built a NAS)
4)MBP - Wanted a new laptop (at the time I had no room to build a desktop) but also wanted something that had decent power to run games like StarCraft 2 and good battery life along with solid build quality and survivability. Lenovo was considered but as they are more business oriented GPU options were too limited and not all that powerful. Since literally a 100% of software I use is multiplatform I had no problem moving to OS X.

Like I said not much brand loyalty, it just so happened that a specific brand managed to offer what I wanted from different devices :)

I need to dig up a photo I once took of the three Thinkpads and a Workpad that I had at the same time: a z50 Windows CE Workpad, a 701C Butterfly, a 560X, and a T40. The family resemblance is unmistakable.

Im Apple. I used to not care but after using Apple shit for 2 years (iPhone, Mac Book pro, Pro Tools Rigs ect...) i cant even go near a windows computer anymore.
I am Spartacus :)
I respect peoples choice of Apple over MS and others. You're wrong, but I respect you.
As a person who uses 4 different* OS's on a DAILY basis, I would have to say that you can hardly find an objective reason as to why one would be better than the other.
For instance IMO Lion has a better window management system than Windows 7 at the moment.**
AIX, Solaris, Windows 7, OS X and sometimes Ubuntu on my other laptop
**There are a couple of things that OS X can't do w/o a 3rd party app like half screen maximize to compare two things side by side but its something I rarely use.

Last edited:
I use OSX because windows and linux are crap for art.

Windows didn't USED to be crap for art, it is only 7 that has the issue and it is sporatic. Of course because I am cursed electronically the problem is NOT random for me, it is guaranteed. It hates me SO MUCH it did it when I BOUGHT A TABLET PC. Come on windows, there is NO excuse for that!

Linux has tablet support... but you do it. Manually. It also has no photoshop. I have no idea why they run try and run windows photoshop instead of mac photoshop when both are UNIX and ubuntu is like OSX only you have to do shit because it would probably work better, but currently it only supports photoshop 7, when I am apparently running 11 and I am a few years behind still (CS4).

The laptop because I cannot stand thinkpad nibblenubs and the toughbooks are like 2x the price for the specs a MBP has and those are the only few laptops that can take the drops.

BlackBerry for phones. For me, its exactly what I need.

Apple for computers. Again, for me, it is exactly what I need.

I guess I could say Subaru for cars, since Subarus are the only cars I've ever owned. None of their new products interest me, though. I doubt I'll buy another one.

Otherwise, various local brands for sure. Keeping my money in the area is important.

Hate Apple, own a Macbook Pro

CloseEnough.png
Forgot to respond to this one :)

I don't like Apple as a company, the closed source mentatilty, the imposition of their way of doing things on the user, the "borrowing" of ideas from others (tho everyone does that so can hardly blame Apple), the law suits over "patents", etc... I don't like that, don't like that at all but their products are very good so I like the products :)

ASUS, HTC, Logitech, and Canon. They are the only brands that I would recommend to anybody else. Anything else and I couldn't care less about branding, so long as it works. These are also the branded items on my desk, and will get picture up later.

I'm generally not very brand loyal, I can only think of two companies that I've always bought from without much hesitation. Nintendo and Pioneer. Apart from Virtual Boy and the original NES, I got a Nintendo console for every console generation they've participated in.

As for Pioneer, what can I say every single item I have from Pioneer has never failed from the 25+ year old amp to the newest item being my Premier head unit. Even my Pioneer DVD-ROM drive survived a power surge...which destroyed everything else in my computer 6 years ago. The DVD writers have been overworked, in contrast to the LG writer which didn't get that much work to do yet that one decided to fail. I wish I could say that about my Sony stuff where the older the better.

As for Pioneer, what can I say every single item I have from Pioneer has never failed
Except radio, their radio in HU's are TERRIBLE and I have what then was the flagship (Z120).

Except radio, their radio in HU's are TERRIBLE and I have what then was the flagship (Z120).
I only had one radio in HU not work that well...and that was because it was installed by a toddler which I found out after I bought my car. The radio in my current HU is fine, much better than the Sony HU my sister uses which is a turd in all honesty.

I'm not sure about HU's, I've had 2 failures on the USB on my sony but the pioneers I've seen are more expensive for what you get and I don't like them