Breaking Bad

:lol:

I bought a friend some Blue Sky candy. It was still in the envelope, my mum saw the envelope, touched it and said "This feels like crystal meth."
She doesn't watch the show, shes never heard of the show and there was nothing on the packaging. :|

:rofl:

Alright. I watched the entire series in a little under one week (had the flu, not much else to do). I wasn't that impressed....maybe there was a bit too much hype and it didn't quite live up to it for me. Wouldn't crack my list of Top 10 favorite TV series.

Also, I would have liked more Carmen. She's beautiful and I was looking forward to seeing more of her, but she didn't really feature much the entire series. That's neither here or there.

Anyways....it was good and solid, but not great. Maybe I was expecting too much

Last edited:
Maybe you were sick?

Maybe I was a little too harsh. I've thought about it some more. It's very good, I just wouldn't go so far as saying it's the best show ever. Not a fair comparison, but I much prefer Game of Thrones lol. I think I had too high expectations to be honest because everyone was going on about it!

Dear Mister Cranston.
I wanted to write you this email - so I am contacting you through Jeremy Barber - I take it we are both represented by UTA . Great agency.
I?ve just finished a marathon of watching ?BREAKING BAD? - from episode one of the First Season - to the last eight episodes of the Sixth Season. (I downloaded the last season on AMAZON) A total of two weeks (addictive) viewing.
I have never watched anything like it. Brilliant!
Your performance as Walter White was the best acting I have seen - ever.
I know there is so much smoke blowing and sickening bullshit in this business, and I?ve sort of lost belief in anything really.
But this work of yours is spectacular - absolutely stunning. What is extraordinary, is the sheer power of everyone in the entire production. What was it? Five or six years in the making? How the producers (yourself being one of them), the writers, directors, cinematographers?. every department - casting etc. managed to keep the discipline and control from beginning to the end is (that over used word) awesome.
From what started as a black comedy, descended into a labyrinth of blood, destruction and hell. It was like a great Jacobean, Shakespearian or Greek Tragedy.
If you ever get a chance to - would you pass on my admiration to everyone - Anna Gunn, Dean Norris, Aaron Paul, Betsy Brandt, R.J. Mitte, Bob Odenkirk, Jonathan Banks, Steven Michael Quezada - everyone - everyone gave master classes of performance ? The list is endless.
Thank you. That kind of work/artistry is rare, and when, once in a while, it occurs, as in this epic work, it restores confidence.
You and all the cast are the best actors I?ve ever seen.
That may sound like a good lung full of smoke blowing. But it is not. It?s almost midnight out here in Malibu, and I felt compelled to write this email.
Congratulations and my deepest respect. You are truly a great, great actor.
Best regards
Tony Hopkins.

Anthony Hopkins, confirmed. :cool:

Reactions: 47
Not sure if it was posted, but I read on wiki that there will be a "Better Call Saul" spin off. Which would be a prequel to Breaking Bad

enhanced-buzz-wide-28470-1381829036-33.jpg

Cross post from Cool Videos
[video]http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2013/11/17/breaking_bad_alternate_ending_malcolm_in_the_middle_dream_watch_video.html[/video]

Last edited:
No longer available due to copyright claims...

Last edited:
Nobody watch Better Call Saul yet?

Yes. It is decent so far.

I liked it a lot. Initially I wasn't too excited about a spinoff, because I liked Breaking Bad, and I was afraid BCS would be a shadow of that show, but I'm glad to see that it has a different vibe to Breaking Bad. Much more comedic so far, but the same great directing style.

So, I'm quite optimistic about it :)