Breaking Bad

Nobody watch Better Call Saul yet?

Just started today. Curiously, it's not available in Netflix USA or Canada, so some VPN magic was required to make it work...

Not bad so far, will watch episode 2 in the next few days.

Edit: watched ep. 2 this afternoon, now I'm hooked, and it's on the PVR record list.

And regarding the Netflix situation, as I understand it, in markets where AMC is available (USA and Canada), the full first season will be available on Netflix when the season is over on AMC. Rest of the world get every episodes on Netflix the day after they air on AMC.

Last edited:
I really like it. Certainly more action, more quickly than Breaking Bad which to me was pretty slow for the first ~1.5 season.

Nearly pooped myself when they showed Saul in the car driving around, but all round it looks promising.
The case where he defended the 3 kids had Saul writtten all over it.

Episode 2 today for me!

I'm getting into it, think it has real potential. I hope they give it a chance to establish itself in it's own right away from Breaking Bad.

I agree.

And maybe it should have it's own thread?

I've watched the two first episodes, and they're surprisingly good. Shouldn't really be surprising with Vinge Gilligan writing I guess, but "spin-off" isn't usually something you think of as a good thing.

Bob Odenkirk does a great job, I'll definitely be watching the rest of the show.

Just started today. Curiously, it's not available in Netflix USA or Canada [...]

Oh I didn't even know it was Netflix'd. And they even got a 'Netflix Original' title... that I've obviously not seen for myself or anything :unsure:

AMC's relationship with Netflix is pretty cool.

Also, the series, I'm digging it. Didn't have any idea going in, still think it's kind of weird that they even chose to do it, but I like it. Plenty of interesting characters, so far plenty of old favourites, and of course stellar writing and directing. In a way the story progression, to me, sort of mirrors season one of Breaking Bad, but with much lower stakes haha.

I don't know how the show would look to someone who hasn't seen Breaking Bad and doesn't know where the characters we already know are going to end up. To me it's giddy anticipation of what's going to happen.

[edit]

So, from definitely not playing around with Netflix I just found this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metástasis
A "Spanish-language shot-for-shot remake of the U.S. crime drama Breaking Bad."
Ok...

Last edited:
I think BCS discussion should be split to a new thread...

[video=youtube;c2H2-JzI9J0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2H2-JzI9J0#t=137[/video]