Brexit Meat 2020 (Vegan Options Available) - June 15-22

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
As so often happens in late spring or early summer, IceBone the Darjanator will be paying us a visit, only this time there will be a nicjasno in his checked bag.

Various activities will be planned in due course and plans will become more concrete once I have the dates for Junior's exams as they are due to finish at some point that week.

The one definite on the itinerary will be a visit to the Kempton Steam Museum on Sat Jun 20 - this date being fixed as it is one of the few days a year when the largest working triple expansion steam engine in the world will be in steam and working. Anyone wishing to join us for this or any other fun outings while the Slovenians are in residence is more than welcome. Matt2000, Davetouch, Maytum and others feel free.

More details to follow in time.

I am proposing the following for the Friday evening, followed by staying in a nearby AirBnB, before departing in the morning for the Kempton Steam Museum.

https://www.watercressline.co.uk/product.php/139/real-ale-train-rat

#choochoobitches

Also in the morning there is a great stretch of road between Alton and Basingstoke before we jump onto the M3 motorway which takes us virtually all the way to Kempton.

Last edited:
Bah, I'll be in your neck of the woods 3 weeks after that.

Well make sure you keep us informed of your plans so there is a good chance of meeting up while you're over. For reference we live just outside Chichester in West Sussex - LHR and LGW are both within reasonable reach.

Well make sure you keep us informed of your plans so there is a good chance of meeting up while you're over. For reference we live just outside Chichester in West Sussex - LHR and LGW are both within reasonable reach.

The plan is to go to the Goodwood FOS with a group of coworkers. Thats like a stones throw from your place, isn’t it? Definitely planned to ping you prior to the trip.

Oddly enough the plan was to go there anyway and the Adus were possibly coming to stay with us but their plans are on hold due to various things.

Keep us updated and we can sync things to ensure we all buy tickets for the same day.

An escape room is also on the cards, but I won’t book that until we know Sam’s exam timetable as it would be a shame if he couldn’t take part.

Oddly enough the plan was to go there anyway and the Adus were possibly coming to stay with us but their plans are on hold due to various things.

Keep us updated and we can sync things to ensure we all buy tickets for the same day.

Wait, I just realized this message was confusing me. FOS is in July. Or are you referring to a different meetup?

Different meet up. Adus we planning to attend the FoS and we were going to go with them but their plan is on hold because some life got in the way.

Gotchya. Well keep me in the loop. My coworkers now seem to be waffling on if they're going to go or not, but I've already determined I'm going even if they're not.

Reactions: MWF
Gotchya. Well keep me in the loop. My coworkers now seem to be waffling on if they're going to go or not, but I've already determined I'm going even if they're not.
If it is just you then grab a rental and stay with us. We'd be delighted to put you up at no cost. You just need to chip in for beer and food. And beer.

Joking. Happy to put you up and feed you as well. Aminal will be on the menu for your carnivorous pleasure

Minimal ex-gratia payment accepted in the intergalactic currency of a colourless, volatile liquid known for its intoxicating effect on certain, carbon-based life-forms.

Last edited:
If it is just you then grab a rental and stay with us. We'd be delighted to put you up at no cost. You just need to chip in for beer and food. And beer.

Joking. Happy to put you up and feed you as well. Aminal will be on the menu for your carnivorous pleasure

Minimal ex-gratia payment accepted in the intergalactic currency of a colourless, volatile liquid known for its intoxicating effect on certain, carbon-based life-forms.

Appreciate the offer, though I likely wouldn't put the burden of hosting on you guys. Consuming beer though, thats a different story.

Dude, no point in having a spare room if we don't use it. Flights, rental and FoS tickets will be enough, least we can do is save you some cash on your accommodation. Anything within a 30 mile radius of Goodwood will be booked up at premium prices anyway.

Hell we are 15 minutes from Goodwood on a normal day but I expect over an hour to get there on a festival day even from our place.

I really do appreciate the offer. I'll certainly keep it in mind. We are having a meeting at work to discuss FOS plans in the next week or so, so hopefully I'll know soon if I'm flying solo or with people.

Reactions: MWF
Great news! Junior's last exam if Friday, June 12th. He will therefore be free to join in with any shenanigans without any adverse effect on his studies.

Not at his age. He is permitted one cider, with a meal.