BRexit : Shall UK stay in EU or go now?

Bercrow by now is my hero. The way he's presiding over this farce with both dignity and a certain kind of black humour is perfect.

MP's Reject a No Deal Brexit - Brexit Explained

EU Vice President of the European Commission Frans Timmerman asked Brexiteers if they were willing to "sacrifice jobs" for the "pipe dream of so-called sovereignty"

BREXIT CHAOS: "Put Queen & country before party, EU should REJECT extension" EU's Verhofstadt

Verhofstadt mostly is angry because it's the European Commission (of which he is no part) deciding about the extension, not the European Parliament (of which he is part). He has about as much say in the matter as the House of Commons.

(UKIP propaganda video)
Why do you link UKIP recruitment?

I really like how this madman in the video tries to pin the Tories' failings on the EU: It is impossible to leave the the common market and opt out of free movement for people while at the same time keeping an open border in Ireland. These two things, both of which the Brexiteers promised to the British public, are mutually exclusive.

The EU can't have a "leak" in the common market where goods that were produced in violation of EU rules can just be moved in through the open border. This has been fucked up by the British Conservatives, they shall come up with a credible solution instead of ranting and raving about future technologies.

Last edited:
The four amendments that will be voted for at 5pm:

1. Sarah Wollaston’s - calling for an extension to article 50 to allow for time for a referendum on Brexit.
  2. Hilary Benn’s - saying next Wednesday should be set aside for a debate that would start the process of allowing MPs to hold indicative votes on Brexit alternatives. There is also an amendment to this amendment, from Labour’s Lucy Powell, changing the timing.
  3. Labour’s - saying article 50 should be extended to allow time for MPs to find a majority for a different approach to Brexit.
  4. Chris Bryant’s - saying Theresa May should not be allowed to put her deal to the Commons again.

H. Cross-party request for second referendum

For 85
Against 334

Lucy Powell amendment to, I. Benn amendment,
which specifies that Article 50 should only be extended until 30 June

For 311
Against 314

H. Cross-party request for second referendum

For 85
Against 334

I'm absolutely livid that the Labour whip instructed Labour MPs to abstain from this. There is a clear mandate for some kind of second referendum and Labour have bottled it when they had the perfect opportunity to demonstrate to the country that we would have a choice and that they would be the party to deliver if elected in the event an early election were to be called.

You gotta remember, this thread is for EU recruitment and propaganda. Quit breaking the rules.
I would like to see some argument for Brexit or at least for the EU being anything but on their best behaviour during the Brexit process...

I. Benn amendment

For 312
Against 314

Benn amendment defeated by two (!) votes.

E. Labour amendment - saying article 50 should be extended to allow time for MPs to find a majority for a different approach to Brexit.

For 302
Against 318

Simon Coveney, the Irish deputy prime minister and foreign minister, has said the EU may offer the UK a 21-month article 50 extension. In an interview with RTE, he said a long extension was “likely to happen” if there was no agreement in the UK parliament on a deal.
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-5c8a8afee4b0eff8e0fc3167#liveblog-navigation

Question is then whether the UK will then hold Euro elections or let existing MEP's get a an extension....

J. Bryant amendment – not moved

Motion to extend article 50 passes
(1) notes the resolutions of the house of 12 and 13 March, and accordingly agrees that the government will seek to agree with the European Union an extension of the period specified in article 50(3);

(2) agrees that, if the house has passed a resolution approving the negotiated withdrawal agreement and the framework for the future relationship for the purposes of section 13(1) (b) of the European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018 by 20 March 2019, then the government will seek to agree with the European Union a one-off extension of the period specified in article 50(3) for a period ending on 30 June 2019 for the purpose of passing the necessary EU exit legislation; and

(3) notes that, if the house has not passed a resolution approving the negotiated withdrawal agreement and the framework for the future relationship for the purposes of section 13(1)(b) of the European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018 by 20 March 2019, then it is highly likely that the European council at its meeting the following day would require a clear purpose for any extension, not least to determine its length, and that any extension beyond 30 June 2019 would require the United Kingdom to hold European parliament elections in May 2019.
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...b0cf92e5a5738f#block-5c8a9c2fe4b0cf92e5a5738f

For 412
Against 202

No deal Brexit still hasn't been legally excluded

Last edited:
I would like to see some argument for Brexit or at least for the EU being anything but on their best behaviour during the Brexit process...
Why would the EU need to do anything? They are getting exactly what they dreamed of. The entire Brexit process is in complete shambles and everybody is putting 100% of the blame for failing to reach an amicable separation at the feet of the British. Brussels couldn't have written a better fairy tale ending if they tried. They're probably having a massive party as we speak.

How could it not be the British at fault? They started the process, now they don't like what it has turned into.

Yvette Cooper MP

We tried to amend PMs A50 motion today. After we lost, we voted with the PM for her A50 motion. Seemed the responsible thing to do. Now I see the Brexit Secretary who argued against us & for the PM’s motion actually voted against it. And her Chief Whip abstained. WTF