Bugatti Chiron (Veyron successor) spied during testing

Interesting looking rear end of the two cars.

Anyone noticed the i8 (and according to source 918) in front? ;)

My knowledge is that the "Chiron" (not decided it will be named that) is kept so much under wraps that maybe 10 people know what it really will look like, and even some of the drawings circulating inside Bugatti are fakes. I am quite suprised to see a prototype on the open road at this stage, especially one that hints at bodywork. I wouldn't make too much of that design just now ;)

*cough* hybrid powertrain benchmarking against best German competitors *cough*

8.0l W16 vs 1.5l i3

that'll give some meaningfull data! :lol:

8.0l W16 vs 1.5l i3

that'll give some meaningfull data! :lol:

Could be just technology integration comparison.

That... looks like ass.

Definitely still a Veyron. Which has been beated with an ugly stick.

I'm more interested in the performance figures. Clarkson described they Veyron as a "Concorde moment" and said we would never see its like again so will the Chiron be a toned down Veyron or are they going for even madder performance figures? If its the latter I hope they manage to manage to improve the looks.

The tires and wheels are the limiting factors in what they can do really. Has there been a significant leap in tire technology that can allow them to push past 270?

The question is, do they really want to do the topspeed thing again or do they this time want to go completely mad in terms of acceleration and handling?

bvgt_naca_final.jpg

Bugatti will present the "Vision GT" concept in GranTourismo on the IAA next month...which will be very close to the real Chiron.

Also, it seems like a simulation clocked the Chiron at ~460km/h theoretically possible top speed...holy crap.

So the tires will last 9 minutes instead of 12? :lol:

I'm less concerned about top speed and more about whether they can succeed in making something that isn't an utter gomper like the Veyron. It might have been statistically incredible but it was hardly a looker.

It's not. It's just a blob with wheels and nods to the Bugattis of old here and there. Other contemporary super- and hypercars look better and more exciting.

You're going to hate me for saying this but I could substitute "Bugattis" with "Alfas" and that would be an apt description of the new Giulia.

Your 159? Want, even in white. The Giulia? No thanks.

No hard feelings there, mate. I reserve my hate for other things than people's opinion on cars :) Even I think that the Giulia could be much prettier than it is, but it has grown on me and I'm looking forward to see her live. /OFFTOPIC