Bugatti Chiron (Veyron successor) spied during testing

LeVeL

Forum Addict
Ok, that's pretty darn cool. The attention to detail is very impressive.

NecroJoe

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2015 Mazda 3 S GT, 2015 VW e-Golf
TO BE CONTINUED???
450???????!!!!
Somebody spotted a speedo (out of focus, and shaking, so to be taken with a grain of salt) indicating 440kph in a promotional video. In this one, they costly show it approaching 440, so I bet this it.

Last edited:

thomas

Grouchy Beemer Owner
STAFF MEMBER
DONOR
Car(s)
'00 M539, '94 Cadillac Fleetwood, '16 Focus Wagon
The number itself is just so ridiculous.. and then I picture myself going over 250 in a multitude of cars.. even faster in the McLaren.. but then you add another 200. Sure. Why not. Insanity. I love it!

JCE

Car(s)
2016 Dodge Charger RT / 2015 Jeep Renegade
The number itself is just so ridiculous.. and then I picture myself going over 250 in a multitude of cars.. even faster in the McLaren.. but then you add another 200. Sure. Why not. Insanity. I love it!
Going 250kph (or kmh?) is pretty satisfying so yes I couldn't imagine stacking another 200 on top of that number.

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
DONOR
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
There's a point where for a regular person it goes from satisfying to just impossible to mentally process.

thomas

Grouchy Beemer Owner
STAFF MEMBER
DONOR
Car(s)
'00 M539, '94 Cadillac Fleetwood, '16 Focus Wagon
250kph (or kmh?)
Depends on how american you want to be ;). km/h being the actual unit, kph being the kilometer version of the common abbreviation mph, which is technically speaking mi/h. But unlike km/h, that is probably not being used in any real world context ;).

DanRoM

Forum Addict
Car(s)
MX-5 ND, CBF1000 & two bikes
There's a point where for a regular person it goes from satisfying to just impossible to mentally process.
I'm a regular person and volunteer to test if 450 km/h are possible to process. Just give me a Chiron...

NemanjaR

Car(s)
Toyota Auris
Engineers in a car like this try to shred every possible bit of extra weight to make performance like this possible. I really am a big fan of Juan Pablo but I am pretty sure the car would perform a second or two faster if he hasn?t put on a few pounds. Still guys from Bugatti are happy, JP Montoya is happy, i don?t think i ever saw him actually smile, even when he won Monaco GP.

I wrote my perspective about this record breaking on my blog, if you want you can read it here: http://racingmain.com/jp-montoya-sets-a-new-0-400-0-khm-world-record-with-bugatti-chiron

Mitchi

Sierras für alle!
DONOR
I'm a regular person and volunteer to test if 450 km/h are possible to process. Just give me a Chiron...
But being a regular person you sure wanna do it in Ehra-Lessien and not on the Autobahn. :lol:

Cowboy

My name is Sheridan
What speed is a commercial jet going just before takeoff?