Bugatti Chiron (Veyron successor) spied during testing

I'm more impressed the brakes aren't smoking. Then again, this is a PR video.

TO BE CONTINUED???
450???????!!!!

Somebody spotted a speedo (out of focus, and shaking, so to be taken with a grain of salt) indicating 440kph in a promotional video. In this one, they costly show it approaching 440, so I bet this it.

Last edited:
The number itself is just so ridiculous.. and then I picture myself going over 250 in a multitude of cars.. even faster in the McLaren.. but then you add another 200. Sure. Why not. Insanity. I love it!

The number itself is just so ridiculous.. and then I picture myself going over 250 in a multitude of cars.. even faster in the McLaren.. but then you add another 200. Sure. Why not. Insanity. I love it!

Going 250kph (or kmh?) is pretty satisfying so yes I couldn't imagine stacking another 200 on top of that number.

There's a point where for a regular person it goes from satisfying to just impossible to mentally process.

250kph (or kmh?)

Depends on how american you want to be ;). km/h being the actual unit, kph being the kilometer version of the common abbreviation mph, which is technically speaking mi/h. But unlike km/h, that is probably not being used in any real world context ;).

There's a point where for a regular person it goes from satisfying to just impossible to mentally process.
I'm a regular person and volunteer to test if 450 km/h are possible to process. Just give me a Chiron...

Engineers in a car like this try to shred every possible bit of extra weight to make performance like this possible. I really am a big fan of Juan Pablo but I am pretty sure the car would perform a second or two faster if he hasn?t put on a few pounds. Still guys from Bugatti are happy, JP Montoya is happy, i don?t think i ever saw him actually smile, even when he won Monaco GP.

I wrote my perspective about this record breaking on my blog, if you want you can read it here: http://racingmain.com/jp-montoya-sets-a-new-0-400-0-khm-world-record-with-bugatti-chiron

I'm a regular person and volunteer to test if 450 km/h are possible to process. Just give me a Chiron...

But being a regular person you sure wanna do it in Ehra-Lessien and not on the Autobahn. :lol:

That's.... that's not safe. I still want to do it, but damn. That's.... unsafe.

I'd once been going 410 km/h in a Transrapid maglev in the 1990's... It's insane, believe me.

What speed is a commercial jet going just before takeoff?