Bugatti Chiron (Veyron successor) spied during testing

What speed is a commercial jet going just before takeoff?

Depends on the size. Small regionals need maybe 200-220km.

Expected that to be more to be honest ...that just makes 400kph so much more impressive, and terrifying.

I also think this looks far more elegant than the Veyron, which, as many of you might recall, I never liked.

The Veyron got better with age. The updated headlights and small tweaks here and there made the later ones look much better than the original.

But yeah, if I was picking a car in 2015 based solely on engineering, I'd take a Veyron. But if I was taking looks or even the whole package into account, there would be many others higher up on my list. Same can be said for the Chiron now.

I'm just wondering if, like with the Veyron, this will now start another race of barn door engineers to do the same by simply putting a massive engine in a Viper or something - and how long it takes until the first man dies in a massive crash on a runway because of it.

There isn't a runway in the world long enough. Not enough in a Fast and Furious movie.

Since wind resistance increases with the square of speed small increments take a lot more horsepower and a hell of a lot more space.

If this automotive arms race is to continue then some country, somewhere, with space, consistent weather and a really relaxed attitude to health and safety needs to build a suitable track around 20-25 miles long.

A 50m wide strip of quality asphalt laid at Bonneville, Black Rock or somewhere similar might be the answer.

Sooo Nevada?

Has anyone done a Veyron vs Veyron SuperSport vs Chiron drag race yet? I'd like to see the acceleration differences side by side.

Last edited:
I've not heard of one, although it's the kind of thing EVO might do if they could arrange it. Bugatti won't because of the PR implications.

And when you think about it, good luck getting owners of standard and Super Sport Veyrons to pony up their cars for the purpose just they can have their noses rubbed in it that their cars are no longer the fastest or particularly exclusive.

I've not heard of one, although it's the kind of thing EVO might do if they could arrange it. Bugatti won't because of the PR implications.

And when you think about it, good luck getting owners of standard and Super Sport Veyrons to pony up their cars for the purpose just they can have their noses rubbed in it that their cars are no longer the fastest or particularly exclusive.

Someone call Floyd Mayweather. Doesn't he had at least one of each?

Where can you even drive a veyron without worrying about scratching it or hell, even having the space?

There's a guy in Boston who has a Veyron Pur Blanc (it's not his first Veyron) and an EB110 who has a Chiron on order...

Forgot about that. Add the EB110 to the Veyron/Veyron SS/Chiron drag race.

If I had Veyron I would drive the hell out of it every day......then again that kind of stupidity is why I can't afford a Veyron.

You're fortunate! North America is rife with jealous dicks and or inconsiderate people. I already have two blemishes on my new Charger because people don't know how to behave in car parks. And I even park away from people too!

Your car just isn't big enough. I was at a parking garage in Chicago a couple weeks back with the wagon. It was valet (work related, 30HP motors don't fit in Patriots) and the guys couldn't pull it into the garage due to tight turns so, they just parked it out front.

If I had Veyron I would drive the hell out of it every day......then again that kind of stupidity is why I can't afford a Veyron.

"A set of fresh tires costs $30,000 and on the fourth tire change, the wheels must be changed too at a cost of $120,000 because the rim is glued to the tire. Annual service alone is $30,000 with two-thirds of that money going to an oil change."

Your car just isn't big enough. I was at a parking garage in Chicago a couple weeks back with the wagon. It was valet (work related, 30HP motors don't fit in Patriots) and the guys couldn't pull it into the garage due to tight turns so, they just parked it out front.

Its 200" long and wide, how is it not big enough? :lol:

"A set of fresh tires costs $30,000 and on the fourth tire change, the wheels must be changed too at a cost of $120,000 because the rim is glued to the tire. Annual service alone is $30,000 with two-thirds of that money going to an oil change."

Ok, yea, I'm out. Gotta be stupid rich to afford a Veyron just for the upkeep alone. I wonder how many quarts of oil it takes?

I know this is just a drop in three bucket of the total oil change cost, but it uses 44 quarts of oil. 11 gallons. :lol: