Can someone explain whe whole Sky and BBC thing to me?

C53A_4G63T

Car(s)
99' Infiniti Q45t, 89 Mitsubishi Mirage Turbo
I am confused why some races are released as Sky and some BBC. I like Eddie, David and the other striking individual during the pre race show. Lately all that it has been is Sky with Martin, Damon and the others. I noticed on one of the BBC releases during the pre show, I think it was David, ran into Martin filming on the grid. So apparently they are both at the race. Can anyone shed some light on this that lives in the UK?

Thank you.

BBC couldn't afford to keep airing the whole season live. Sky offered more money to Bernie for airing the whole season live, while the BBC airs half the season live due to a ruling that it must stay on Free to Air TV in some capacity. Brundle now works for Sky, aswell as Kravitz, Davidson and Pinkham. BBC still has Eddie, Jake, Crazy Dave and Lee McKenzie.

Last edited:
Beneath that explanation, I suspect, lies a whole raft of shenanigans instigated by Politicians, Murdoch et al.

'Commercial' interests have been after the BBC (or more accurately) the licence fee for some time. Having said that the last thing they want is for thr BBC to become free and to be financed by advertising - so their answer is to strangle the BBC by lack of funds, they got the government to freeze the licence fee. Essentailly a cut of several percent year on year.

The full F1 service goes, budgets get cut to established shows and quality is reduced, talent gets embarrassed by their contract details being leaked to the press who then scream how monsterous it is (er who owns the press in Ukanis I wonder?).

The BBC TV have had to move to Salford from London (That is a bit like Tamla Motown moving from LA to er Detroit instead of the other way around in the 60s!) to save money. ...

Also the Tories do not like the BBC as they think it is full of 'Badger watch type greenies' and the 'soft left liberal democrats and new labour support' orientated people - which it is, but generally the News and Current Affairs programmes in particular tend to be unbiased. Actually all governments hate the BBC because they do not control it.

Last edited: