Canadian College Teacher Trying to Reason with SJWs (AKA: tumblr is leaking)

93Flareside

Sosig
DONOR
Car(s)
See Signature
Shamelessly copied off Imgur: http://imgur.com/gallery/1itYp

Jordan B. Peterson is a tenured research and clinical PhD psychologist who currently teaches at the University of Toronto. His research interests include self-deception, mythology, religion, narrative, neuroscience, personality, deception, creativity, intelligence and motivation.

?The university, yesterday, basically told me to silence myself,? Jordan Peterson told The Daily Signal. ?That?s the second warning letter.?

Peterson has been a vocal opponent of a measure before Canada?s Parliament known as C-16, which would amend the nation?s human rights and criminal codes to make it illegal to discriminate based on gender identity and gender expression.

Peterson is also disturbed by a University of Toronto?s human resources anti-bias initiative, which he saw as part of an ongoing trend toward political correctness that is smothering free speech even among professors with tenure.

A student protests Peterson's stand against political correctness
As part of his opposition to C-16, which currently is in committee, Peterson got involved in free speech rallies, published a video series online, and wrote articles explaining his stance.

Some students and other members of the University of Toronto community took immediate offense to Peterson?s remarks, telling school leaders they found his comments ?unacceptable, emotionally disturbing, and painful.?

David Cameron, dean of the Faculty of Arts & Science, and Sioban Nelson, vice-provost for faculty and academic life, are trying to oust him by sending him threats of losing his job or, even worse yet, having his license revoked, which is putting a huge amount of stress on Peterson and his family.

?Depending on the context, if personal pronouns are being used, the refusal by a teacher or colleague to use the personal pronoun that is an expression of the person?s gender identity can constitute discrimination,? the university officials write.

Althea Blackburn-Evans, director of media relations at the University of Toronto, had this to say;

"His views are his own and he?s entitled to have those views. Academic freedom is at the core of any university, and so we fully support the ability of any faculty member to speak out and share their views. But faculty members also have a responsibility to follow the laws that protect against discrimination. We do expect all members of our community, including Professor Peterson, to do that and to create a learning environment that?s free from discrimination."

Now, there are many students and protesters who want to have a dialogue with Peterson and want to reach a compromise. But some protesters believe that their words will fall on deaf ears. Thus, a few decide to escalate the situation by forcing people to share their perspective via physical violence. Now that those particular protesters who enjoy this view are on trial and that the issue is on the internet, the university is getting antsy. They wish to make Peterson an example of what happens when you go against their laws.

Peterson warns that political correctness is spiraling out of control, particularly in the U.S. ?This has also happened in New York City, where you can be fined $250,000 for mis-gendering someone,? he said.

In an article by the Toronto Sun, Peterson said, "New York City recognizes 31 genders. Now I?ll just ask you for a moment: Are we supposed to have a pronoun for each of those genders? So, how the hell are we going to keep track of that? How is that going to work?"

?The made-up gender words like (the gender-neutral pronouns) ?Ze? or ?Zir,? I?m not saying those words because they?re created by people whose political views I do not admire. And I?m not going to use the words that they coin and invent because that makes me a puppet, a partial puppet of their ideological presuppositions.?

Under the New York City policy, landlords, employers, and businesses face civil penalties up to $125,000 per violation and up to $250,000 ?for violations that are the result of willful, wanton, or malicious conduct.?

In an interview, The Toronto Sun asked him "Would any professor touch on this topic again?"

?No, of course not." Peterson answered, "That?s already what?s happening ... There?s political pressure that?s being brought to bear on your career, on your future career ... We?re definitely in danger of not being able to have an actual conversation about human biology and sexuality at a university. We may already be at that point... There are so many things that we can?t have a conversation about in the university now. The university may not be the place anymore where conversations of this sort are held.?

"The law should be very careful when it mandates what people have to say"
Currently, even under the harassment and threats of violence by students and protesters, the risk of losing what is essentially his livelihood, and the extreme amount of stress he and his family are under, Peterson said he doesn?t intend to stop speaking out on the issue.

The professor is gearing up for a debate in 2 weeks in which he will be debating the issue of gender politics and infringement on freedom of speech! Mark your calendars! At least we know this kind of debate will be better operated than the ones in the U.S. election. How much better? We'll find out.

"The law should be very careful when it mandates what people have to say"
Currently, even under the harassment and threats of violence by students and protesters, the risk of losing what is essentially his livelihood, and the extreme amount of stress he and his family are under, Peterson said he doesn?t intend to stop speaking out on the issue.

The professor is gearing up for a debate in 2 weeks in which he will be debating the issue of gender politics and infringement on freedom of speech! Mark your calendars! At least we know this kind of debate will be better operated than the ones in the U.S. election. How much better? We'll find out.

http://www.therebel.media/highlight...jordan_peterson_janice_fiamengo _ann_coulter

So, these people think they're being smothered by society because of their gender? I don't understand. It seems like these people are so caught up in their own minds that they have no idea what exactly is real and what's fiction. Hopefully the professor somehow 'wins' this debate.

:blowup:

this stuff is hardly worth mentioning in the "first world problems" thread....

:?

In an article by the Toronto Sun, Peterson said, "New York City recognizes 31 genders. Now I?ll just ask you for a moment: Are we supposed to have a pronoun for each of those genders? So, how the hell are we going to keep track of that? How is that going to work?"

?The made-up gender words like (the gender-neutral pronouns) ?Ze? or ?Zir,? I?m not saying those words because they?re created by people whose political views I do not admire. And I?m not going to use the words that they coin and invent because that makes me a puppet, a partial puppet of their ideological presuppositions.?

Under the New York City policy, landlords, employers, and businesses face civil penalties up to $125,000 per violation and up to $250,000 ?for violations that are the result of willful, wanton, or malicious conduct.?

:jawdrop: how is this even possible??

screen-shot-2016-05-25-at-4-13-31-pm.png

:?:?:?:?:?:?:?

Last edited:
31 genders

male
female

name 29 more

Ok maybe if someone is a hermaphrodite. But if that's the case he's pretty much both.

But if we can accept so many genders in our society I want my own one.
I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I?m fucking retarded but I don?t care, I?m beautiful. I?m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me ?Apache? and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can?t accept me you?re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.

Guy takes on SJWs and radical, fringe lefties - get's attacked by SJWs and radical fringe lefties.

I don't have the time to actually review Petersons positions myself to form a real opinion about this, whether he's a bad guy, or one that's been painted as one, whether he broke the law or not - and I struggle to find neutral sources covering this.
So I'm just gonna leave it at that. Guy goes out lashes out at assholes, assholes lash back. That does not make the assholes right nor does it make him into a saint. But there is little here that wonders me. You pick a fight, you are likely getting a fight. Unless the people you are trying to pick a fight with are either good people or rollovers - which is clearly not the case here.

male
female

name 29 more[...]

I would actually like to see a source for the claim that the city of NY officially recognizes 31 genders. Nycpride is not an offical NY institution. From where I'm standing now, that seems like a fake.

The only thing that I can find from an official standpoint is that you can now mark male, female and other (that one is new, just in case you were wondering) when you are requesting a NY Id-card. And the last time I counted - those are 3 (in words: three) choices, not 31.
http://www1.nyc.gov/assets/idnyc/downloads/pdf/LL35-2014.pdf

Bi-gendered
Cross-dresser
Drag King
Drag Queen
Femme Queen
Female-to-Male
FTM
Gender Bender
Genderqueer
Male-to-Female
MTF
Non-Op
HIJRA
Pangender
Transexual/Transsexual
Trans Person
Woman
Man
Butch
Two-Spirit
Trans
Agender
Third Sex
Gender Fluid
Non-Binary Transgender
Androgyne
Gender Gifted
Gender Blender
Femme
Person of Transgender Experience
Androgynous

Last edited:
quote taken out of context and you were to one to post/quote it first. Maybe you should shed some light on this, wheter it is true or not before you get yourself a cone of ice cream.

What if you identify as icecream? (pronouns: tasty/delicious/cool)

Sorry, I was on r/tumblrinaction a couple of days ago.

Can I identify as a waffle cone?

This is what is so flabbergasting for me. I can't fathom where or how this become socially acceptable for people my age to do this and get others to join in and create law over bullshit you made up one day while on the internet.

Last edited:
Can I identify as a waffle cone?

This is what is so flabbergasting for me. I can't fathom where or how this become socially acceptable for people my age to do this and get others to join in and create law over bullshit you made up one day while on the internet.

I see your new title. All hail the Waffle Cone!

I still see no proof of this. The 'NYC commission on Human Rights' picture is clearly cropped to make the NYCpride picture that lists the "genders". First warning sign of a fake. People are trying to make these look like they are from the same source, but the cropping makes that questionable, thus these pictures seem not to be related or from the same source. Someone is linking these up despite that, and it does not seem like the City of NY or it's human rights commision has anything to do with picture 2 - the list of 31 genders.

The website (that I don't have much confidence in in terms of truthfulness after browsing it for 5 minutes) links another, similar source (that I would also not trust for the same reasons) that then links the "gender list" to a nyc.gov document that does not exist.
http://www.nyc.gov/html/cchr/downloads/pdf/publications/GenderID_Card2015.pdf
Then the site goes on to claim that they spoke with an unnamed "city official" who they say not only confirmed the list of 31 genders, but said there may be more.
Recap: What they claim to be an official NYC policy is confirmed by a nameless source and not a NYC spokesperson who also says the policy is different ('there may be more than 31') and citing an official document to prove it that does not exist. And there is some photoshopping going on making those two pictures look like they are from the same source.

Normally I would use Irony or Sarcasm at this point, but let me make this crystal clear to you - there is no evidence here that the City of New York recognizes 31 genders (or more).

This is still the only ACTUAL thing I can find online remotely related:
myself said:
[...]The only thing that I can find from an official standpoint is that you can now mark male, female and other (that one is new, just in case you were wondering) when you are requesting a NY Id-card. And the last time I counted - those are 3 (in words: three) choices, not 31.

Now, I am not a New York resident and I am not devoting much time to researching this - but all I see so far is a hoax designed to make the public outraged about those 'crazy trans-people'. As far as I can tell, you are being played by these people for clicks and outrage - and now you are spreading this shit around ...

Last edited:
Now, I am not a New York resident and I am not devoting much time to researching this - but all I see so far is a hoax designed to make the public outraged about those 'crazy trans-people'. As far as I can tell, you are being played by these people for clicks and outrage - and now you are spreading this shit around ...

Thing is, everyone thinks this way untill the moment you actually run up to a tumblr'd up gender fluid wanna be feminazi otherkin who tries to talk about it with you. Trust me. Some of these people live without any correlation to reality at all. I reckon it's just not nearly as big and widely 'accepted' in Europe as it is in the US.

I especially love it when there are people who say "I am not straight or gay or bi, I fall in love with people" - well, if you like all, and going by a body's sexual indentification, you're bi. Period.

I am all for everyone loving everyone; I care as much if you like men or women or both as I care about wether you prefer tea over coffee. But this doesn't mean these people should go into the fantasy wonderland of five year olds and create their own gender just as they want it to be, supported by a crazy cluster of themselves and no other opinions on the topic.

Anyone who uses the term "feminazi" or "SJW" removes himself (most likely it's a "him", not a "her") out of the space of reasonable discussion in the same way as the fringe left/feminists do, as they adapt the language/wordings of the fringe right, which sees any woman who thinks she should be allowed to wear a short skirt without being groped as unreasonable, stupid and asking to be raped.

Expanding on that, the hatred against women who are behaving just as stupid, bossy, loud and braggarty as men seems to be so mainstream that repelling Roe vs. Wade (i.e. abortion rights) seems to be Trump's appeasment strategy to reign in all the people who want him to build a wall (which, he admitted, will be a fence), repel Obamacare (which will be reformed) or lock up Clinton (which he won't do).

Last edited:
Uncharacteristically, it took a German to humorously enlighten us as to how ridiculous this is if it became the norm:

[video=youtube;SAHvLAJ-5aQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAHvLAJ-5aQ[/video]

Women do get pissed when you call them Mrs. and they're a Miss ... but come on.

Also relevant:

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/i-sexually-identify-as-an-attack-helicopter

I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I?m fucking retarded but I don?t care, I?m beautiful. I?m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me ?Apache? and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can?t accept me you?re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.

Last edited:
male
female

name 29 more

Ok maybe if someone is a hermaphrodite. But if that's the case he's pretty much both.

But if we can accept so many genders in our society I want my own one.

If I could +rep you I would!

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone who uses the term "feminazi" or "SJW" removes himself (most likely it's a "him", not a "her") out of the space of reasonable discussion in the same way as the fringe left/feminists do, as they adapt the language/wordings of the fringe right, which sees any woman who thinks she should be allowed to wear a short skirt without being groped as unreasonable, stupid and asking to be raped.

Expanding on that, the hatred against women who are behaving just as stupid, bossy, loud and braggarty as men seems to be so mainstream that repelling Roe vs. Wade (i.e. abortion rights) seems to be Trump's appeasment strategy to reign in all the people who want him to build a wall (which, he admitted, will be a fence), repel Obamacare (which will be reformed) or lock up Clinton (which he won't do).
SJW is a real term that is used by SJWs themselves.... Feminazi is also far from a fringe right term, it describes a very specific type of a feminist, generally one that believes that men are inferior in every possible way and only needed for creating children (for now). You seem to be lucky to not have to deal with either 3rd wave feminists, SJWs or "gender fluid" idiots if you think that this is a fringe right issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Uncharacteristically, it took a German to humorously enlighten us as to how ridiculous this is if it became the norm:

Also relevant:

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/i-sexually-identify-as-an-attack-helicopter

[/FONT]

I should learn German, it seems like a fun language to speak.

In Germany they get pissed when you call them Miss because it is belittling. 'Fr?ulein' (meaning "little woman") as a word is dead and has been since the 80ies- this is nothing recent and there is a consensus in society about this. I grew up without the word "fr?ulein", not because my parents were hardcore feminists (quite conservative with classic roles) - but because at that point it was already no longer in use in the mainstream of the language. Has "german" as a language lost something? I don't think so. Has that solved discrimination against women in germany? Nope.

From the video description:
the Greens are notorious for their efforts to legalize Pedophilia[...]
These type of generalisations just show how little interest there is in describing the political opponent in a factual way.
The topic is much more difficult. (even if you cannot read german, just checking out the article should tell you that this isn't something that is summarized in a couple of words like that)
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pädophilie-Debatte_(Bündnis_90/Die_Grünen)
The true core of this is that the green party in the late 70ies and 80ies wanted to liberate the sexual laws of germany (outlawing homosexuality as the most prominent example). There were some among them that wanted to go so far as to abolish the laws prohibiting sexual actions between children and adults. Some of these positions even found their way into local party manifestos. But the green party abolished that shortly after and today admits their mistakes in that regard (not that that came easy, they for long refused to admit it). The green party today (and that of the last decades) stands against pedophiilia like any other of the big german parties.

as for the video itself ... from "facing a dying nation" :rolleyes:
Just like that "list of 31 choices" this is pretty much a phantom discussion. The Green Party in Brandenburg did NOT make that list this man is reading, NOR was that list a part of the law they were talking about.
What he is doing, is painting a "worst case scenario" - not what is ACTUALLY proposed. And while putting said worst case scenario out there this way is amusing - it has nothing to do with what they were talking about in reality. The green Party did not propose using "60 Genders" to parliament. Nor is it in their party program.

All this serves to is suggesting that the divide between the mainstream of society and people who ask for more rights for trans-people is bigger than it actually is. 31 Genders, 60 Genders ... the next post here will have 104 genders. Shock and awe. "these people are crazy" - yeah, these hypothetical people really are. Or wait - aren't the ones coming up with this the crazy ones?

This is disgusting that the serious discussion about trans-people in society that we can be having (I'm not saying we shouldn't talk about this) is poisoned this way. It in no way paints the effort of some people to include the few trans-people that we have better into society correctly. This is not the way we should be having this discussion, we should be talking about what is actually proposed when people talk about the inclusion of trans-people and if THAT makes sense or not. Not about some people fantasizing about absurd numbers of gender-pronouns. We shouldn't be outraged at what is (essentially) fiction.
And mpicco - let me add what I also wrote to 93Flareside -
now you are spreading this shit around ...

The "humourous explainer" is a "politician" for an extreme right-wing party (as in "happily welcome Holocaust deniers in their ranks").

I'll call that an own goal, dear justifiedly angry males of FinalGear.

Sometimes I feel pity for you bunch...

- - - Updated - - -

You seem to be lucky to not have to deal with either 3rd wave feminists, SJWs or "gender fluid" idiots if you think that this is a fringe right issue.
Actually, well, my girlfriend is a third-wave feminist. But to accept that these are not a homogenous group and not all of them are crazy or idiots obviously is beyond you (or at least that's the schtick you use for "arguing" your point).

- - - Updated - - -

A more provocative point - just like with fear of and hatred against immigrants, hate against feminists (and women in general) seems to be strongest among people with litte exposure to them (a correlation between little to no immigrant/refugee population and xenophobic sentiment has been long proven statistically). Apart from my gf, I also count one of the "manosphere"'s most hated feminist journalists/columnists among my drinking buddies and she did not try to cut off my dick or anything so far... on the contrary, she really is a fun person to be around!

Last edited:
Actually, well, my girlfriend is a third-wave feminist. But to accept that these are not a homogenous group and not all of them are crazy or idiots obviously is beyond you (or at least that's the schtick you use for "arguing" your point).
Funny that you don't see your own hypocrisy here with painting those of us who use certain terms a "fringe right".

A more provocative point - just like with fear of and hatred against immigrants, hate against feminists (and women in general) seems to be strongest among people with litte exposure to them (a correlation between little to no immigrant/refugee population and xenophobic sentiment has been long proven statistically). Apart from my gf, I also count one of the "manosphere"'s most hated feminist journalists/columnists among my drinking buddies and she did not try to cut off my dick or anything so far... on the contrary, she really is a fun person to be around!

Yeah between my wife who has two advanced degrees, works as a medical professional (not a nurse before you ask) in a generally male dominated specialty (urology). My mother who has multiple post graduate degrees (not in gender studies), my mother in law who has an MD a Masters and a bachelor in nursing, a grandma who was a physics professor. I'm really not exposed to strong independent women at all....

Feminism is a beautiful thing when it deals with equality between genders (there are only two sorry Qs) it stops being such when it used to strong arm one gender to bend to the will of another. It's as wrong for women as it is for men.