Cancer Sucks

RIP Alex.

Thoughts especially to his family and friends.

:viper:

Thanks for everything, Alex! You are already missed.

Atleast he did go peacefully without any pain and shit. But still fucking fuck this fuck.

You'll be deary missed Alex :viper:.

Just saw the new banner. Great touch.

I haven't been here in a while and just found out.

Rest in peace, Alex.

Thank you for what you have left us behind

That's really nice, I was looking through Ringmeet photos on my phone earlier but sadly Alex wasn't in any of the (few) I took that year.

Still doesn't seem real.

I never had the chance to meet him unfortunately, but the impact he has had on my life is still immeasurable. I don't really have the words, but each and every story in this thread is in some ways similar to mine. I've teared up a few times in the last day after learning the news and reading the reactions.

This forum has meant an awful lot to me, much more than any regular website normally would, and it has helped me through dark patches.

Reading Alex's battle over the past few years has been heartbreaking, and I still can't believe he's gone so young. RIP Alex, you've made a real difference to this world. Hope you do the same for the next.

Totally gutting news. Thoughts with his family. RIP Viper007Bond.

Very sad to hear of Viper's passing. Even though I haven't posted here much, this place does have a big place in my heart. From downloading old Top Gear and Fifth Gear episodes so discussing Grand Tour and reading through the Post Your Car forum, I've thoroughly enjoyed being a part of Final Gear. Thanks Viper for giving us the opportunity to connect like this, and my thoughts are with his family at this time. RIP Viper

I saw the news this morning and I've felt terrible all day. Alex created a community that brought so many of us together and made all our lives better. Through this community I've made many great friends and memories. Those friendships allowed me to do something I never thought would be possible; I got to go to Top Gear and meet my heroes. I was also able to acquire a dream car in a tough old Land Rover (I'm still trying to figure out if that was a good thing after all). None of that would have happened without Alex's hard work, passion, and dedication.

Rest in peace Viper. I'll spare a thought for you at Cars & Coffee with that old Landy you made possible for me.

I am very sorry to see that he's gone. I've spent a lot of time on this website. I owe Alex a debt of gratitude, and wish that I had thanked him for this forum when he was still here.

This is devastating. Terrible news. RIP Viper.

I remember meeting Alex (online) back when I was still a teenager in the very early 2000's on a message board called fastcarforum.com. I don't know if anyone else here was originally from that forum. The guy who ran it also had a message board dedicated to Dodge Vipers, which is where I imagine Alex originally joined from. Anyway, I hadn't thought about that old forum in many years, but losing Alex has dislodged some cobwebs and made me reflect on those old memories. Lots of in-good-fun arguments about Corvettes vs. Vipers and all that. It was on that forum where I was first introduced to clips from TopGear, possibly even by Alex, and became obsessed with the show. When Alex started this forum, I followed. It's crazy to think about how long ago that was and how quickly time passes us by...