Cancer Sucks

I was just digging through one of my ancient hard drives and found some of the TG rips that got me onto here. The ones that still had the pre-FG Viper007Bond watermark on them.

I remember downloading rips pre torrent in the computer room in college in between classes from the old black site with yellow text which spawned this site if I remember correctly. With those rips my dad would invite friends over to watch the show and the Clarkson specials.

Has anyone tried tagging the three stooges or Wilman? They have kind of sort of mentioned this site before I think it would be fitting with all the press Alex generated for their program.

It is amazing how things work out in life I dont think many people in their late teens could imagine building something like this and brining together as many people as he did over the last 16 years.

RIP Alex

I remember downloading rips pre torrent in the computer room in college in between classes from the old black site with yellow text which spawned this site if I remember correctly. With those rips my dad would invite friends over to watch the show and the Clarkson specials.

Has anyone tried tagging the three stooges or Wilman? They have kind of sort of mentioned this site before I think it would be fitting with all the press Alex generated for their program.

It is amazing how things work out in life I dont think many people in their late teens could imagine building something like this and brining together as many people as he did over the last 16 years.

RIP Alex

I've only recalled a vague remark from Richard Porter (script editor) to this website... Who has the means to contact them?

How I got to this website was from another website called hessmo.com back in 2009. This guy uploaded episodes that you could watch through it rather then torrent. He got a cease and desist from the BBC but strangely, he put a link to FinalGear on his website which was fine. It took a few years before the BBC came down on this forum hence the website with the countdowns going away (for those that don't know).

Truthfully, it was a good time to get to this forum as a previous one I was one had shut down for good with supposed claims of "rebuilding" due to a similar issue this place had with vbulletin.

I realized how much more mature this place was despite the age range of the time being quite similar. It wasn't until recently how much more everyone here was. Clearly, we're more than just usernames on the internet like a chatroom from the 90s. Sure there's been ringmeet but it just hasn't felt like something I would ever have a chance to experience. Ever since then, it's helped me get out of my shell a little bit and hopefully help me grow as a person as time goes on. I regret not doing this sooner but, better late than never I guess.

Rest in peace, Alex, and thanks for everything.

It's amazing that the actions of a single person can bring such enjoyment, comfort and a sense of friendship to a large group of people who may never physically meet. While many on here came and went, there are a number that stayed and became the bunch of Utter Pirates I fondly remember reading about daily.

Ave atque vale Viper.

RIP Alex

Weirdly enough I looked into contacting them earlier this week. The only option would be to write a letter to W Chump & Sons' office in London and hope that it would be read at some point. I was planning to do that this weekend before we got the news but I think it's a fitting thing to do anyway.

If Alex's family do any kind of fundraising in his memory then I would drop the hint that they may wish to make a donation so if anyone hears news on that or has a link please let me know.

Not the news I was expecting when I was scrolling through FB.... Especially with the site being back up...

It's just too soon....

Where ever you are Alex, I hope you will be surrounded by V10s and fat tires...

Rest in peace! We will sorely miss you!

That is so sad. Saw the news on my Facebook feed. Feels unreal, same I felt when Bourdain pased away. And the same way it really made me sad and stop and think for a moment.

I have been here since 2005. And even though I was never the very active member, but I always read the forum and followed the news about Top Gear, about you guys and your projects. I even dreamt, that maybe one day I will participate in the ring meet. I remember in 2015 I could not believe it was 10 years since I have registered here.

When you are taking part in something for 10 or more years, even if you don't know the people personally, you still get attached to the community. And news like this always strike you at least a bit.

Sad news. Hope he is in a better place and is happy. Hope his family will stay strong and live with all the good memories of him. And stay strong and be safe everyone here at the forums.

?

Godspeed, man. Thanks for keeping the OG airings with the original music in circulation and the season pack releases seeded. And everything else you've done to build a community of fans. RIP

Ah fuck.

Come on here to check out the latest TGT ep thoughts and find this out. Again, fuck cancer.

The 16 year old me that first came to the forum as salvation of real life teenage awkwardness and feeling a sense of belonging (long before tumblr and still at a time when fan forums reigned supreme) through TG chats, F1 chats and reading about people pouring their hearts out, I thank you for bringing this platform to life. But mostly also for helping out those who had no choice but to pirate download eps cause 'Straya.

I may not frequent on here as much anymore, but this place has special spot in my upbringing. And I think 27 year old me is happy with that.

There goes a great man. Thank you so much Viper for creating a place where I made many friends and spent many great hours. I will miss you.