Cannot uninstall/install Sims 3

Homer_Bart

Car(s)
2007 BMW 320i
Help needed again! :(

Okay, so what I wanted to do was to reinstall Sims 3. So I did a full uninstall, and then reinstalled the game. However, halfway through the installation, someone switched off the computer. So after switching the computer back on again, I deleted all the files the installer had installed. Then, I went to the control panel and went to the uninstaller, and tried to uninstall the game. So I thought everything was fine, until I booted the Sims 3 disk again. Whenever I put the disk in, it only always ask if I want to uninstall, and even after numerous uninstalls, the game (despite it not existing anymore), will always uninstall and refuse to install.

Thanks in advance :cool:

System restore failed on each and every restore point that was available, and so Sims 3 is still listed down as an installed program in control panel.

Anyway, thanks for the response :)

its not working because you havn't deleted the registry settings from windows

Pretty sure there are registry entries left behind that you have to delete or something, read a forum thread about it a few weeks ago.

*googles*

Just found something saying to search your c drive for "sims" and look for EA Games folders in program files and delete them. Dunno, that seems a bit iffy to me but it may be worth a look :shrug:

Well, I've used CCleaner to help clear up my registry, and also already deleted the EA folder in Program Files long ago.

And now, the only folder that contains Sims 3 stuff is the one that I use to keep the downloaded add-ons.

Anymore suggestions? Thanks! :)

It worked!

Thanks for all the helpful help, everyone! :mrgreen:

+1 to Flappy Paddle :thumbsup:

Hey Homer_Bart, the same thing happened to me but i couldnt catch up on what you guys were saying xP
can you please tell me the steps you did to make your installation work again?

please help?

please help?

It worked!

Thanks for all the helpful help, everyone! :mrgreen:

+1 to Flappy Paddle :thumbsup:

Hey Homer_Bart, the same thing happened to me but i couldnt catch up on what you guys were saying xP
can you please tell me the steps you did to make your installation work again...? thanks:(

Follow the Link in Flappy Paddle's post. It's as step-by-step as it gets.