Can't connect via Bluetooth via Samsung A256

Old Lace

Sorry to go all noob here but I'm politely requesting help as my technical knowledge of cellphones is a bit limited.
----

Friend of mine gave me his A256 as he got an iPhone and I'm fed up with my Motorola Razr, it's stupid buttons and the battery/phone issues. New phone's great and all but for some reason my laptop can't detect it when I turn bluetooth on. The Razr and an older Nokia can connect with the laptop fine but I've been having no luck with the Samsung. The thing is, the other phones I have are unlocked and to the best of my knowledge the Samsung isn't. Would that interfere with bluetooth connectivity? :blink:

Nope.

Is everything set to 'visible'? Also, sometimes you need an access code, reset it if you can to something basic like 0000 and try again?

It's set to visible but the phone doesn't have any passkeys on it. Just in case I reset/restored the phone but nothing. Laptop's picking up other phones except this damn thing even when it's right beside it.

[edit] So it finally detects it, it's passkey enabled (just to see if it'll connect to the laptop when detected, it does) but when I try to send a file, not a thing.

Last edited:
Try get a transfer cable and use Samsung's own program?