Capsaicin!

Okay, so I just bought 40+ Naga Jolokia seeds. For anyone here who has grown them, how hard is it? My apartment generally stays around 75 degrees, and I have a huge bay window with a nice windowsill to rest plants on so they can get a lot of sun.

THIS:

http://www.thehotpepper.com/forum/100-growing-hot-peppers/

...is the best forum on teh interwebs on growing peppers. It's where I learned how to get my peppers from seed to pods. Start your jolokias inside, but you won't have much luck getting pods without constant heat (85F-ish) and decent light.

Pleeeeease let mine ripen before the first frost. The pods look lovely and are at about 1.5 inches right now.

The constant heat won't be an issue once I get the right equipment, and decent light shouldn't be a problem at all either, until winter hits and there's less sun (and snow drifts block my windows).

I finally got a ripe red chili. I cut it in half and licked it... fuck me, I feel like I licked a hot iron.
After 20 minutes, still burning and I feel like i've lost half my tongue.

... currently eating ice cream.

p.s. I'm not a pussy.

Absolutely! Cross your fingers my peppers ripen in time before the first frost. :D

My bhut jolokia peppers ARE STARTING TO RIPEN!!! :D

Seeds are yours, Ice, providing a premature frost doesn't get them before going completely red!

1812-2T.jpg

Just bought some of this. I've been eating it neat, little by little I'm working my way to a tablespoon.

blairs-crisps-2.jpg

Bought these and waited sudden death by fire, but theyre completely eatable, surprised by that because my tolerance isnt even habanero standard.

Anyone who knows me knows I sometimes have funny turns with anything hot. Every so often, I like torturing meself by eating mad-hot stuff. Once in a while I'll get a chicken or pork vindaloo specifically just to burn me gob out.

Normally though when am not trying to murder all me taste buds, I opt for Sriracha hot sauce. Me an me old flatmates Michael and Dave used to go through a massive bottle every week. We put it in EVERYTHING.
sriracha-sauce.jpg

I have a habit of liberally lacing anything I cook especially things like jarred curry's or even bolognese sauce with hot chilli powder.

Sriracha is rated at 2000 scoville... That's less than Tabasco, but I imagine it tastes nicer (hardly a feat). Shirahime: what do you use when you do feel like murdering your taste buds?

Me too.
The weather is warm, but I don?t think it will last long enough.
And yeah, Sriracha is not particularly hot, but very tasty.

i have already planted my yellow pointed habanero, aji cristal, some unknown habanero type chili and spanish red..

Anyone who knows me knows I sometimes have funny turns with anything hot. Every so often, I like torturing meself by eating mad-hot stuff. Once in a while I'll get a chicken or pork vindaloo specifically just to burn me gob out.

Normally though when am not trying to murder all me taste buds, I opt for Sriracha hot sauce. Me an me old flatmates Michael and Dave used to go through a massive bottle every week. We put it in EVERYTHING.
sriracha-sauce.jpg

I have a habit of liberally lacing anything I cook especially things like jarred curry's or even bolognese sauce with hot chilli powder.

On a related note:

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/sriracha