Capsaicin!

Thanks to this thread I had tamales for lunch specifically so I could have myself some El Yucateco salsa picante!

My brother's girlfriend got some jolokias going and gave me two of the plants to try to raise:

My Jolokias are seem to be healthy but are a bit stunted...they're both only about 20 inches (~51cm) tall and no blooms yet. :(

my aji cristal has flowers already and all others have flowers coming too. didnt expect it to be so soon.

Mine doesn't seem to have grown that much apart from developing much stronger stalks. A lot of small leaves have fallen off lately but the rest is fine.

My chili plant has almost stopped growing, apart from establishing much stronger stalks. :dunno:

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/ah/ahpadt/2011/07/21/IMG_0717.JPG

Ideas? :( Transfer it to an even larger pot maybe?

With that many individual stems I would definitely suggest a much larger pot or individual pots.

My jolokia has been spreading out more but hasn't flowered yet. Probably a few more weeks... I wonder if a little plant food wouldn't hurt it.

It's probably gonna get too cold here before my plant starts to flower. I moved it into a big pot too late. :cry:

It's probably gonna get too cold here before my plant starts to flower. I moved it into a big pot too late. :cry:

Bring it inside? My plant has never been outside and is growing wonderfully.

Last edited:
11%2B-%2B2

My jolokia is getting ready to flower!

11%2B-%2B1

It's also super tall, I'm thinking about getting a stake and twine to help support it, but if it's made it this far without it...

Last edited: