Car magazines: 50 greatest cars of the past 50 years

Still doesn't make sense to me as the Austin 1100 did most of that ten years before. Otherwise, the list is pretty complete in my opinion.

Austin A40 Farina did, in my opinion. :lol:

Austin A40 Farina did, in my opinion. :lol:
The A40 is much more traditional, didn't have a transverse engine, it's also RWD. :p Although the "Countryman" estate is essentially a hatchback.

I know it's a British magazine, but it would have been cooler if they did this from a more worldwide perspective (lots of missing cars), but I guess their target audience is a Brit so...

Yeah its a shame but a worldwide one would make no sense to their readers. Jalopnik would probably be the best shot at a universal list; but even then they'd possibly be USA biased. There isn't really a magazine/website that could do a properly fair list.

Except possibly one...

There is a top 50 voted by the readers too, the list is different.
Theres also Kerrangs top 50 songs in here too.

I've tried taking pictures, but its a ballache. I'll knock something up later.

To me, they didn't seem to reach very far back. My nephew has a Subaru WRX STi and yes, it's wonderful to drive, but as far as looking at it and stirring my soul? It does not.

I remember seeing a Fiat 850 Spyder and being smitten at about 12...

FIAT_PIC.jpg

It rusted as soon as you looked at it and probably wasn't all that fast, but that gorgeous front end...

And what about the MGB?

The Renaults have no place there. Nor the BMW Mini.

I think the R5 - particularly in Turbo form - deserves to be on there more than the Trabant or Alfasud. Yes, I know it was a great handling little car. It still started rusting away before it even left the factory and ultimately cost Alfa Romeo ?25 per car.

I wholeheartedly agree with the inclusion of the Mustang, however. ;) But where's the Capri?

There is a top 50 voted by the readers too, the list is different.
Theres also Kerrangs top 50 songs in here too.

http://imageshack.**/a/img145/1569/imag0010o.jpg
http://imageshack.**/a/img43/8851/imag0011pz.jpg

No Seger, and Born To Run about 39 places too low. Fuck you, Kerrang.

WHY IS A COROLLA ABOVE A STRATOS!?!??! WHAT THE SHIT?!

Just curious, what was their justification for putting the Smart on that list... I could come up with 100 other cars to replace it with.

Just curious, what was their justification for putting the Smart on that list... I could come up with 100 other cars to replace it with.

I didn't get that too. A small car that bankrupted a company and falls over above a Citro?n DS for example? Blasphemy.