Car Magazines

jayjaya29

Forum Addict
Car(s)
1997 BMW M3
Okay guys, I want a car magazine, but I need your opinion on which is the best. I want something that is along the lines of a road&track or Car&Driver. Something like that would suit me best. Which do you prefer, and which do you suggest I get?

I'm suscribed to Road and track, I mean american car mags aren't that good, but I like the format of this one (size, pictures, and test charts). Motortrend would be my 2nd pick cause they do interesting stuff, but I don't like C&D

Thanks Ren, I watch C&D on TV occasionally, I don't really like what they have to say about some cars. Alright so motortrend and R&T so far.

I also subscribe to R&T and I'm very pleased with the overall feel to the magazine, like Ren said, their charts and reviews are very organized. Another magazine, which may be better, or not, depending on what you wanna see is EVO magazine (I think it's from the UK, I'm not subscribed to it, but I saw it from my friends, and it's also a very good auto-enthusiasts magazine), although I don't know if you get it in America, it's even rare here in Canada, haven't seen it in newsstands yet, but I know people with subscriptions around here.

I think R/D is complete bullshit :thumbsdown: . Go with C/D. But why not Top Gear mag? :p

I have like a lifetime sub to R&T and I love it, but if money is no object NOTHING beats EVO!

jayjaya29 said:
EVO is bit too pricey unfortunately. :(

Even if you subscribe it?

I'm subscribing it this week. And in 3 months I'll be subscribing Autocar. This one is weekly, though. And in 6 months, Car, probably. Why the delay? So I don't have to pay them all at once... ;)

I'm confused Bihus....I'm going to paying for this subscription with my own money (which I don't have much of right now), so seeing that the price of subscription to EVO magazine is quite high, I don't know if I want to get it. I'm pretty sure that a subscription to R&T or Motortrend would be much cheaper then a subscription to EVO.

Maybe your post was crystal clear, but I've been reading articles on Newscientist.com for the past 2 hours, and my brain is a bit frazzled. :bangin:

jayjaya29 said:
I'm confused Bihus....I'm going to paying for this subscription with my own money (which I don't have much of right now), so seeing that the price of subscription to EVO magazine is quite high, I don't know if I want to get it. I'm pretty sure that a subscription to R&T or Motortrend would be much cheaper then a subscription to EVO.

Maybe your post was crystal clear, but I've been reading articles on Newscientist.com for the past 2 hours, and my brain is a bit frazzled. :bangin:

Ok, read it better in the morning. Roughly, an Evo subscription will cut you back $140. But it gives so much more than those C&D and R&T... The downside is that you will be thinking in ? in no time. And I'm gonna quit my portuguese magazine subscription, too. I just can't be bothered to read such boring articles, and look through such boring pictures. Anyway, I've been buying evo for more than a year, and bought all the other issues from eBay. It's such a great magazine. :thumbsup: Feel free to talk to me tomorrow on msn. ;)

BTW, http://www.evo.co.uk

Hmm, I think I would rather stay with a car mag that is a bit cheaper then 140 dollars. I bet its a great magazine, but I don't have that much money to spend on a subscription right now.

So its up to Road&Track or MotorTrend, which do I go with?

I saw R&T but why not got at your local bookshop and read both to see which one you prefer?

I got my subscription for cheap with student discount, anyway I think my father paid for it as a gift... :lol:

another vote for Road and Track, it's a very proper car magazine, exactly how i feel a car magazine should be like... unbaised, organized, EXCELLENT photos, interesting stories, and I felt their Long Term Test could be very helpful for people in the car market

did I metion R&D has EXCELLENT photos? :mrgreen:

Well I took Ren's advice and looked at an issue of both, I think I'm going to go with R&T, their photography is awesome. Okay thanks guys, I really appreciate your help.

I love their review layouts, that's why I went with R&T, overall pic/mag quality too.

But as for content itself I must say MT was first in my book.

jayjaya29 said:
Your reason Bart? I'm interested.
I just can't stand R/D, that's all. I prefer C/D much more.

i personally like EVO and Car...
R/T and motortrend are kinda boring to me...