Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Andeh

is teahte tbungafloed
Car(s)
Fiestas, Mondeos, Anglia, Austin 7, Corsair, Chrys
Okay, so since I've had the Austin, I haven't been overly fond of the colour. I'd like to change it, and thanks to the glorious work of Matt2000 (please send him some rep for me!) I have some samples for your consideration. They are as follows:

Works Orange
GcOmt0A.jpg

Bronze Green
Ycchq3J.jpg

Ford Caribbean Turquoise
HcFT3Ha.jpg

Kingfisher Blue
PHwWWlj.jpg

Maroon
6DQaUrD.jpg

Ford Olympic Blue
AIddEAb.jpg

Primrose
N8J0Rt4.jpg

Existing Red
cEJsTNC.jpg

And the obligatory 'other' in which case please provide and example! Any help appreciated. Miata colours not considered. :p

If that is the original color, I would leave it alone. But if it isn't, and/or you really want to change it, why are you asking us? You know what you like.

It's not original, as the car is completely homebuilt. I have no idea what colour the original saloon from the late 1920s was.

It's been baby blue, yellow, green and red in the recent past going by the paint I've found on it. Would just like some second opinions. :)

Then purple, but not purple. If you know what I mean. :p

I would look at it this way:

Does the colour look like it belongs and look period? (No to orange or Olympic blue)
If it belongs does it make repainting it worth it by making the car more interesting? (no to green, red, maroon)
Would you like the colour on another car? (no to the turquoise because it belongs on an Anglia)

Leaves Kingfisher Blue or the Primrose. Those are just my opinions and I confess bias as I don't think that green or burgundy work on the vast majority of cars.

Works orange is a works colour and is orange, which suits racecar. Your plans for this mean it'll be half covered in mud most of the time, why not have something that will still stand out?

Works orange is a works colour and is orange, which suits racecar. Your plans for this mean it'll be half covered in mud most of the time, why not have something that will still stand out?

And we christen it The Flying Jaffa Cake?

if there is one thing i wouldn't give a rats ass about, it's the color :lol:
it won't be any faster or more fun in another one, so it doesn't matter...

And we christen it The Flying Jaffa Cake?

Yes! :lol:

I have my vinyl cutter now, I can make one and give it to him when he finally comes to the Ringmeet. :p

Yes! :lol:

I have my vinyl cutter now, I can make one and give it to him when he finally comes to the Ringmeet. :p

He's never going to make it to the 'Ring. It didn't open until June 1927 so it's too new to qualify as vintage. Coincidentally the same year that Jaffa cakes were introduced!

Are the wheels and the grille staying the same? IMO making both a glossy or flat black + the orange is a nice combo

Wheels are getting bigger, all the way up to 19". However, tyre profile is coming down a lot, so will remain the same rough size. Will be staying black I think.

I hadn't considered painting the grille...
a7ulster19379.jpg

Then purple, but not purple. If you know what I mean. :p

Voted for Ford Olympic Blue, but I think I am actually with him ^ ...