Chevrolet Youth Concepts Survey - Let Chevy know you want them to build the Code 130R

Chevrolet Youth Concepts Survey - Let Chevy know you want them to build the Code 130R

• Total voters

Mr. Nice

In case anyone from General Motors happens upon this thread, I will include a poll.

Click here to fill out the Youth Concepts Survey

Chevrolet-Code-130R-Concept-front-three-quarter-21-1024x640.jpg

MotorTrend Chevrolet Code 130R Concept: Should GM Build It?

Last edited:
Survey is pretty shallow. Nothing about driving, all about looks.

The thing looks like a shrunk Camaro and silly. Based on looks alone, I'd rather see the 140S concept be built.

Put some eyes in the windscreen, and you have ......

Cars_2_Lightning_McQueen_01.jpeg

Yeah the survey is useless, I think I'll give the Concept interior a 7 for freshness. and the exterior styling a 3 for authentic-ness.

These surveys (and these cars) are for people who don't know about cars. They will determine speedo needle color and cupholder LED color and other such things from this kind of marketing.

Yeah the survey is useless, I think I'll give the Concept interior a 7 for freshness. and the exterior styling a 3 for authentic-ness.

These surveys (and these cars) are for people who don't know about cars. They will determine speedo needle color and cupholder LED color and other such things from this kind of marketing.

Chevrolet hasn't determined whether or not they are going to build the car yet. It's partly to determine if they should bother building it, and partly to determine what aspects of the concept should make it into other cars.

If you don't like something about the car, fill out the text area at the end and tell them what you'd like them to change (the base price can be included in this too).

A rear-wheel drive sports-coupe is something the world always needs, even if it's made by a company you dislike.

I'm all for a rear-drive sports-coupe like everybody else. GM just needs to get their priorities straight.

They're marketing a RWD coupe and they don't mention one thing about how the car drives, they don't ask for opinions on engines,transmissions or anything that enthusiasts care about. What they're doing would be fine enough for a Kia Soul or a Ford Fiesta but not for a rear drive coupe.

I hope they make the 140s instead just because they already told us it's FWD and there's no more room for possible further disappointment.

This whole 130R and 140S marketing strategy is like a cereal company asking kids what kind of marshmallows they want, while they should be reviewing their ingredients.

I'm all for a rear-drive sports-coupe like everybody else. GM just needs to get their priorities straight.

They're marketing a RWD coupe and they don't mention one thing about how the car drives, they don't ask for opinions on engines,transmissions or anything that enthusiasts care about. What they're doing would be fine enough for a Kia Soul or a Ford Fiesta but not for a rear drive coupe.

I hope they make the 140s instead just because they already told us it's FWD and there's no more room for possible further disappointment.

This whole 130R and 140S marketing strategy is like a cereal company asking kids what kind of marshmallows they want, while they should be reviewing their ingredients.

I understand what you're saying, but this survey isn't much different than other surveys conducted about concepts. I would suggest, to those who haven't yet filled out the survey, filling out the text area at the end and telling GM what you'd like to see for base price and powerplants.

The 140S would be a competitor for the Scion TC coupe. The 130R would be a competitor for the Subaru BRZ/Scion FR-S.

Designing a car by committee...how hard can it be?

Homer_Car.jpg

They're marketing a RWD coupe and they don't mention one thing about how the car drives, they don't ask for opinions on engines,transmissions or anything that enthusiasts care about.
But what would that survey look like? "Do you want the car to drive: A) Awesome, or B) Like Shit. Do you want an engine that is: A) powerful, or B) weak. Do you want the transmission to be: A) Good, or B) Shit."

I think most of those things are pretty obvious, although with how badly GM got it so wrong with the Camaro, I can't blame you. Still, when it comes to engine options I don't think there is a lot of room to maneuver what with increasing emissions and fuel economy standards. It would probably be two 4 cylinder engines, an NA and a turbo. Transmissions would probably be the same story, 6 speed auto or 6 speed manual. A dual clutch automatic is probably too much to hope for.

That is very true. Although, it was a car that tried to be everything...but yeah. You are right. Bad comparison.

But what would that survey look like? "Do you want the car to drive: A) Awesome, or B) Like Shit. Do you want an engine that is: A) powerful, or B) weak. Do you want the transmission to be: A) Good, or B) Shit."

I think most of those things are pretty obvious, although with how badly GM got it so wrong with the Camaro, I can't blame you. Still, when it comes to engine options I don't think there is a lot of room to maneuver what with increasing emissions and fuel economy standards. It would probably be two 4 cylinder engines, an NA and a turbo. Transmissions would probably be the same story, 6 speed auto or 6 speed manual. A dual clutch automatic is probably too much to hope for.

My feelings for this subject are strong and mixed to say the least. My survey would be more like "would you prefer a performance model to include a turbocharged 2.0L 4 cylinder powerplant or a 3.6 V6?" or " Would you purchase an optional $500 track pack that adds stiffer anti-roll bars and a shorter final drive ratio at the expense of 3MPG on the highway?"

Unfortunately this is me being way too optimistic and we know this won't happen. But it would be awesome if it did.

My feelings for this subject are strong and mixed to say the least. My survey would be more like "would you prefer a performance model to include a turbocharged 2.0L 4 cylinder powerplant or a 3.6 V6?" or " Would you purchase an optional $500 track pack that adds stiffer anti-roll bars and a shorter final drive ratio at the expense of 3MPG on the highway?"

Unfortunately this is me being way too optimistic and we know this won't happen. But it would be awesome if it did.
There is also the problem of the Camaro, GM wouldn't want to eat into Camaro sales by offering a big V6 option in something like this. Initial reports had this car using a tiny 4 cylinder turbo, so I don't think a V6 would fit. Sadly, GM doesn't take risks anymore. Every car they come out with is an answer to some other car that broke new ground and was a big success. So if GM was to offer any kind of various options concerning suspension packs and gear ratios, it would have to be the competing cars like the Miata and upcoming Scion/Subaru FRS/BRZ doing it first and making money before GM would consider it.

There is also the problem of the Camaro, GM wouldn't want to eat into Camaro sales by offering a big V6 option in something like this. Initial reports had this car using a tiny 4 cylinder turbo, so I don't think a V6 would fit. Sadly, GM doesn't take risks anymore. Every car they come out with is an answer to some other car that broke new ground and was a big success. So if GM was to offer any kind of various options concerning suspension packs and gear ratios, it would have to be the competing cars like the Miata and upcoming Scion/Subaru FRS/BRZ doing it first and making money before GM would consider it.

I think you're right in regard to how conservative GM has become. They have the 260hp, 260ft lbs Ecotec engine, which could be increased to higher output to make the car put down some more competitive numbers. With 150hp, the base price would have to be closer to the base price of the Honda Civic, which has 140hp.

Last edited:
Auto companies are notorious for fucking up their marketing strategies to kids. Witness the Chevy Sonic, for example, and that irritating commercial with that irritating song full of beautifully irritating people doing quirky, irritating things. Do kids want that? No, "kids" don't give a shit about that these days. Cars are the means to an end, not the end itself, and nobody's going to say that a Sonic looks cool enough to be its own object of desire.

"Sporty? Authentic? Genuine? Nostalgic?" What the fuck does that mean to a young person who doesn't give a shit about cars? Nostalgic in the sense that it looks like a 1949 Morris Oxford, for instance. Mention the phrase "Morris Oxford" to a young person these days and you can hear vaginas clamming shut for a 50-mile radius. Also, somebody should tell Chevy that "Youthful, Sophisticated, Muscular, and Premium" have traditionally been opposing values to each other. Let's keep throwing buzzwords at the wall, and see what sticks.