Chinese Brilliance BS6 sedan performs terribly in crash test

jetsetter

Forum Addict
Car(s)
1997 BMW 528i
Jiangling Motor's Landwind X6 SUV made headlines in 2005 when it received a score of zero in a German crash test. If the results of crash tests conducted this week by Germany's ADAC are any indication, Chinese automakers haven't made much progress when it comes to safety.

The Brilliance BS6 sedan scored one out of a possible five stars. "The BS6 sedan performed almost as badly as the Landwind," ADAC spokesman Maximilian Maurer told the AFP.

"After Landwind's 2005 test result, it stopped being sold in Europe," he said. The BS6 could face the same fate.

The ADAC said a person would probably not survive a crash in the BS6 at 64 km/h.

Brilliance BS6 crash test video
[YOUTUBE]-9RbZyrJQ4g[/YOUTUBE]

A BMW crash test for comparison
[YOUTUBE]JEG_T2LYf88[/YOUTUBE]

Scary.:?

Yeah, this is yet another horrible result for the chinese automakers. This is something they could actually be good at if they gave a shit. All they'd have to do is deconstruct a 3 series and reverse engineer it.

wow that thing was one step away from just folding up.

And this is one of the better cars to be designed and built by the Chinese. Great. :cry:

Ok, everybody, altogether now: it's because those damn Commies don't know how to build cars! They should just go back to eating rice and wearing those goofy cone hats!
;)

Well....no surprise here then. The scary thing here isn't the poor, no make that horrible safety of these things. It's the fact that people actually DRIVE them on public roads :blink:

What a useless piece of crap, the car crumples like you squash a empty can of Coke. If this is the best they can do in China then there no chance we'll see a Chinese car on our roads for a long time.

Wait wait, so they only steal the designs and not the engineering? WTF.

So if one of those hit me crossing the road would I just go straight though it without noticing while they die horribly?

Another Chinese POS.

Can't say I'm surprised - hell I'm shocked it actually received a single star.

Edit: Just watched the vid - holy crap...

Last edited:
And this is one of the better cars to be designed and built by the Chinese. Great. :cry:

Ok, everybody, altogether now: it's because those damn Commies don't know how to build cars! They should just go back to eating rice and wearing those goofy cone hats!
;)

Yeah, nobody likes communists!

But seriously, this is likely due to the lack of regulations in the chinese motor industry. There isn't a Euro NCAP or a NHTSA in china. However, I doubt this is an isolated problem. I bet that any Lada or indian car is equally bad.

I can't say I'm surprised myself. I'm sure if these enter the market they'll be priced similar to the Ladas and Yugos of the past. Quality control is very lacking when it comes to products from China. If I don't trust the food they import, I certainly am not going to trust them making a decent car. Should this embarrass the government all they'll do is execute whoever they allege is in charge and put another one and repeat the cycle.

Brilliance...what an appropriate name! :p I think this would be one of the cars they talked about on Top Gear where you would be better off getting out and jumping in front of the car if you're going to have a crash.

Frankly I'm not surprised.... this is good news though, because my chinese friend is always praising china... so I now have yet another argument against him!