Choose a car for 12,436 pounds

Well, if you have to buy new...

For 20,886 U.S. dollars, I'd buy a leftover 2009 F-150 for $7999... and then I'd buy a leftover 2008 Honda Interceptor for $10,799.

Agree'd, But with all the current incentives and rebates, I bet I could get a Base Mustang V8 with track pack for that money. I'd be happy with that.

My local dealer ran an ad a month ago for a '10 Mustang GT for $15.6k. I'd forgotten about that.

My local dealer ran an ad a month ago for a '10 Mustang GT for $15.6k. I'd forgotten about that.

I know, I heard a similar ad on the radio the other day. It's amazing the prices of these cars right now. I'd still buy used though. :p

Yeah, got to love those 28,000$ cars goin for 15,000$.

Shame they never put in the "Administrative fee" of 13,000$ for losses received for the sale.

I'd go for a Volvo C30. Nice car, that.

Thinking all practical and about what my job requires...

<----I bought that.

Last edited:
Hmm I like this game:

I just went through a bunch of online sites and my top choices are::
1) Mini Cooper - 6spd with xenons. 20,600
2) the golf -20,700 with a sunroof! :cool:

slightly out of budget!: the MX5 at 21500. Camaro..

Agree'd, But with all the current incentives and rebates, I bet I could get a Base Mustang V8 with track pack for that money. I'd be happy with that.

omg can you really get a new base mustang with a v8 for 20grand US?! over here a v8 stang is like $100 grand AU

I couldn't be bothered checking the discounts.

10552013_200905a.jpg

10501012_200909.jpg

Do those show up?

Oh, this one fits with dealer discount but the Swift is supposedly the better car anyway...

10401029_200810r.jpg

Last edited:
omg can you really get a new base mustang with a v8 for 20grand US?! over here a v8 stang is like $100 grand AU

Not normally, but they are offering so many incentives and discounts right now... as others have said. $30 000 cars are going for $20 000

I'd have a nice Mazda3 Sport 5-door with an optional front airdam and cargo net for $20,880.

http://img163.imageshack.**/img163/4710/mazda3.jpg

Which according to google is
20 880 U.S. dollars = 12 431.5313 British pounds

So I'll have a nice new car (and to hell with the discounts) and ?4.50 left for lunch.

$20,887.51 budget, huh? Well, my first choice is obvious: The MkVI Golf ($18,240 after destination charge).

I can't vouch for the Ford Mustang (not only is it breaking budget by a few dollars, but) partly because every bloody accident that happens here in Los Angeles seems to have a Mustang super-wrecked on the shoulder at the front of the traffic jam.

I wouldn't buy a Honda Civic either. I've test driven an '06 and rode with my friend's sparkling '09 and there are so many things to complain about (the door handles are counter-intuitive, the dash is freakin' huge, the car has absolutely no soundproofing - worse than my '03 Golf, etc.).

A Mazda3 ($20,290 after destination charge) would be my second choice, even though I'm not too knowledgeable about Mazda. But nevermind, I suppose it's good that I have nothing to complain about them compared to other Japanese manufacturers like Honda and Toyota (who I think are cheap and self-serving, respectively).

My third choice would be... damn, do I have to pick one? Well, there are six to choose from from Nissan, so I guess it could be either of them.