Chris Evans - Hold or Fold?

Chris Evans - Hold or Fold?

• I want the door to hit him REALLY hard in the arse on the way out.

Votes: 146 86.9%
  • Give the guy a chance. He can't help his hair or the shape of his head.

Votes: 22 13.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I remember of Top Gear Australia, I actually didn't think it was that terrible. Not great by any means, but the episodes I watched were at least bearable for the most part.

TGA had a number of problems, the lack of chemistry in the original cast, which was improved a bit in the later cast when it moved to the commercial Nine network, but that move was also its downfall, as unlike the noncomercial SBS, Nine cancelled as soon as it dropped in the ratings, not even airing the last episode till some time later.
I was also amused by the post back near the start of this thread, with the Twitter posting of Evans crowing about the ratings of the first episode of new TG, the first episode was always going rate well, given the popularity of TG, the real tell was always going to be how later episodes rated and Ep. 2 dropped markedly, don't know if Evan's will be crowing about that.
http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2016/06/bbc-execs-defend-top-gears-second-episode.html

Ep. 2 dropped markedly, don't know if Evan's will be crowing about that.

Last week he was all for giving us FACTS about the numbers, this week because the numbers are low he decides the overnight viewing figures are not relevant. Both Evans and the BBC are in full defense mode over this week's poor figures.

The iPlayer stats are going to be a bit misleading as well, I watched what I thought was a clip the BBC site was advertising of the few minutes with Button in it, turned out it was loading the whole episode and queueing it up at 8 minutes or so, that will count as an extra view. iPLayer numbers also will include those from overseas who have viewed the show.

After me and my friend watched the third episode, we both agreed that Chris Evans has got to go. Top Gear isn't some game show that the hosts shout the game prizes. I hope this will be Evans last season hosting Top Gear. I feel that Matt is just forced to bear with Evans and there's no chemistry between them.

I only just ralized that Top Gear had even started.. That never happened before, there was always some article somewhere to remind me, and I was actually waiting for it.

Just downloaded Episodes 1 and 2.. couldn't finish them, not even fast forwarding, just a couple skips. Then went to Episode 4 (latest).. sigh...

Sabine has an annoying fake laugh by the way.

BBC should just bin the lot of it and go do something else.

It's history. Move on.

Sabine should be the Stig.
The visor would shield her from having to make eye contact with Evans.
Also, she wouldn't have to join in the craptastic banter.

We should ask CE to spew some more FACTS, perhaps those can help and clear things up.

Well... If you take all the bits that have been floating around in the making of the first serie and the way they behave in front in the camera it could be true. If they are supposed to start filming in september it will be validated before I guess.

If I was part of that show and I was reading the messages from CE to the public on the net I would want him out on the spot for sure.

Last edited:
They could boot CE and get a look-alike, as in Adam Savage.

I can't seem to find if this has been posted before, but here's a fun link:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowb...op-gear-or-im-out-warns-friends-star-leblanc/

From a reputable source, too!

In my opinion of episode 4 at the beginning of the week, I said both Harris and Reid don't look comfortable in the studio during the main show. IF (and that's a big if being the Sun) what is being said about Evans being jealous of them and being distant from everyone else during recording is true, it could explain a lot. Sounds like he's not getting along with anyone and sadly it's coming across on screen..

I said a long time ago, I didn't think Chris played well with others. If any of this is true, it is bearing that theory out.

Lurked here for years but only just now signed-up, specifically to vote in this poll.

I absolutely can't stand Chris Evans on the new Top Gear. I was willing to give the show a chance, but if he stays I'll have to go, or at the very least fast-forward through any segment he is in. He's absolutely awful in every way imaginable. How in the world did he end up doing what he is doing? It's godawful.

I'm all for giving the new version a nice long trial period before I decide to give-up on it or stick with it. (Let's face it, the old-one with the big three wasn't all that great at first. James May added a lot in season 2, but even then, it wasn't really until season 3 that it really caught stride in my opinion. And look how much better then American version has gotten over the years. Different, and not nearly as good as the the CMH version, but still an OK show now). But IMHO Chris has to go, all the way, as soon as humanly possible. I don't think he is redeemable.

Last edited:
there are 3 women who married and had children with Chris Evans.

food for thought!

Yes but if you give a teenager a brand new Ferrari filled with red roses chances are she will marry you however ginger or annoying you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.