Chris Evans [of the UK] - three-year Top Gear deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack_christie

Forum Addict
Chris Evans is the new presenter of Top Gear after signing a three-year BBC deal

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2015/chris-evans-to-lead-new-top-gear-line-up

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-33158464

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ear-signing-three-year-deal-present-show.html

Of the all the proposed candidates, his skill set is closer to Jezza than the others. Loves cars, great broadcaster and has a motoring column.

At least one of the other two presenters whatever their skill set, need to be a motoring journo or have the knowledge of one.

Last edited:
If the BBC keep it in house, they might try James Martin and Paul Hollywood as co-presenters.

I said it before, but Chris would be a great person to have up there with Idris Elba and Jodie Kidd. There's a lack of May-ness in that group of presenters, but I think they could develop a great chemistry.

I said it before, but Chris would be a great person to have up there with Idris Elba and Jodie Kidd. There's a lack of May-ness in that group of presenters, but I think they could develop a great chemistry.

Alex Riley is from a similar mould as May

Soo, that lets me out of watching the show anyway.

Can't abide Chris Evans, always disliked his broadcasting style too.

Just thought I'd sign up to say that. ;) :mrgreen:

Hmm, not sure how I feel about this. I mean, I like him so I guess I'll give it a shot at least.....

Alex Riley is a dick. He is one of those people who makes me glad we don't have handguns available here as I would get through about ten TVs a year.

Alex Riley is from a similar mould as May

Riley is very, very, very similar to an acquaintance/motoring journo of mine who I cannot stand.

Don't want him on my telly any more. D:

Reactions: MWF
After all that "I'd never accept that offer" from Mr. Evans, he goes and accepts anyway... Why am I somehow not surprised. Wake me up when the REAL presenters get their expected Netflix show.

Evans is the least funny person ever, and the way I see it taking over TG after Jezza will be an effective career killer.
Like BBC has done before when number of viewers drop, they will probably cancel it after the first season.
I know I won't watch it, as there will be more interesting car shows on Youtube.
I'd rather watch the same episode of Chris Harris reviewing his Ferrari 10 times in a row than 5 minutes of Chris Evans and his girly voice. He is worse than Vicki Butler-Henderson!

Last edited:
If the BBC try and copy the present format then it will more than likely die on its feet, if they are going to give any new presenters such a Chris Evans a chance of taking Top Gear forward then they need to abandon the format used by Clarkson, Hammond and May and take it in a new direction.

Right, me and a friend have fixed this, in the pub.

We go back in time to just before the turn of the century, when Evans was absolutely wankered all the time, and funnier. We bring in Tiff to do the car stuff, and Kidd, because she was looking absolutely incredible back then, and she likes cars.

Those three, 1999; I'd watch it.

Hmm, not really interested, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.