Chris Evans [of the UK] - three-year Top Gear deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah saw that. Dafuq?

quoted for new page~

New Order might suggest that Hulk Hogan is going to share hosting duties alongside Evans.
That's what my insiders are saying

Lord Aleem claims he's been ''bombarded'' with requests to send tape
http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/top-gear-auditions-youtube-sensation-5943296

Dermot O'Leary rules himself
http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/top-gear-dermot-oleary-rules-5932757

Natalie Pinkham in pole position to join Chris Evans
http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/top-gear-formula-1-presenter-5933928

odds
http://sports.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/TV-&-Specials/Top-GearTV-&-Specials/Top-Gear-t210006046

Last edited:
from that article:

So it's OK for him to deeply offend everyone under the sun and if he's criticised for it, it's a left-wing conspiracy to end free speech. But the moment someone at the BBC is (very) rude about him, the line has been crossed? :mad:

Yes, that's correct. He is the talent. He is the one generating profit. The BBC merely hangs on his coat-tails with money stolen from the British people by use of violent force. Now you get to enjoy a poor imitation of the show that will generate massive losses, paid for of course by the British public whether they like it or not.

It frankly disgusts me that anyone in this country still supports the BBC. If any broadcaster deserves to be Charlie Hebdo'd it's the marxist thugs in the BBC. This is why we need guns so that the elderly can protect themselves from the damn thugs going door to door threatening vulnerable people.

Last edited:
Could you please return to your desk at the Faily Wail and leave the rest of us alone?

Never underestimate the bile and vitriol that may spew forth from a rabid fanboi in his pyjamas.....

I wonder if Chris Evans has ever been punched in the face

If this 'New Top Gear' will be as bad as I suspect it's going to be, I'm quite sure he will be in the near future.

I read that last night. It is indeed a good read. Worth clicking on the link even if you are a bit sceptical.

I'm immediately annoyed that the image has a glass tankard instead of a proper pint glass. We don't drink out of glasses like that (very often).

Edit: As said before it's a good read though.

Last edited:
Also that the reference to Genesis is a cover of one of Phil Collin's solo albums.

During our usual on-air routine, voice overs were done on a Monday evening the week of transmission, each presenter taking their turn to go into the recording booth while the other two loafed around in the control room, saying unhelpful things over the talkback loop, writing lurid slogans on other people?s scripts and generally behaving like children. Restless, middle-aged, deliberately annoying children.

:lol:

Either way, we?d fetch up at the studio the next morning and Jeremy would thunder into the crappy presenters? room at the back of our shabby Portakabin with a dozen new script tweaks, suggestions and jokes. The rest of us might turn up on a Wednesday morning with one vague thought for something that could be improved; only Jeremy would have lain awake all night worrying over tiny details and agonising over the smallest point until he?d got it right. Top Gear might sometimes have seemed like a big, freewheeling, slobbery, shambolic mess but you?d be amazed at the attention to detail. Someone once asked me what it was like to write on the show and the only way I could explain it was to say that we could easily lose 40 minutes arguing whether ?raspberries? was a funnier word than ?hat?.

Further evidence to the notion that Jeremy was the captain.

Top Gear might sometimes have seemed like a big, freewheeling, slobbery, shambolic mess but you?d be amazed at the attention to detail.
Amazed, yes, but not surprised because it did so often show.

Someone once asked me what it was like to write on the show and the only way I could explain it was to say that we could easily lose 40 minutes arguing whether ?raspberries? was a funnier word than ?hat?.
As someone who's done much the same in translating class: :thumbsup: Sometimes annoying, always indispensable.

After all that "I'd never accept that offer" from Mr. Evans, he goes and accepts anyway... Why am I somehow not surprised. Wake me up when the REAL presenters get their expected Netflix show.

Maybe Clarkson and/or someone from the old show urged him to accept?

I read that last night. It is indeed a good read. Worth clicking on the link even if you are a bit sceptical.

Yeah, that was excellent, and probably the perfect illustration of why it will never be the same again. Chris Evans will have his own way of working, as will the new team both in presentation and production. Also you can bet that the BBC will be meddling more than ever now. "Oh you can't possibly say that" and "advisory" post its on the scripts.

The name and the logo might remain, but "our" Top Gear is dead, it died the moment Jeremy lamped the producer. No Jeremy, no Top Gear.

Last edited:
we could easily lose 40 minutes arguing whether ?raspberries? was a funnier word than ?hat?.

Silly man. Everyone knows the answer is "carrot".

Although "pouch" does come a close second. But you have to get the pronunciation just right.

Status
Not open for further replies.