Chris Evans [of the UK] - three-year Top Gear deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I go on holidays with very little internet access and all this happens. I'm gonna attempt to watch it like I did with TGAus and TGUS. It'll either be a hot mess (TGAus), or a slow cooker (TGUK/TGUS). I hope it's not a hot mess, but the way the BBC are handling it (more what the media are saying with their constant word throwing), it may appear to be that way, but I shall reserve opinion until it's on the telly.

If this 'New Top Gear' will be as bad as I suspect it's going to be, I'm quite sure he will be in the near future.

The only people who need to be punched in the face are the rabbid fans who bring a cancer on the good name of more open-minded fans.

Did you mean "rabid" or the long-eared rodent like the grey cartoon one from the Bronx?

I'd love to see Brian Johnson as a co-host. Would offset 'zany' Chris with 'down-to-earth' Geordieness. Plus he can do this, as anyone who has seen his Cars That Rock show will know.

Last edited:
I'd love to see Brian Johnson as a co-host. Would offset 'zany' Chris with 'down-to-earth' Geordieness. Plus he can do this, as anyone who has seen his Cars That Rock show will know.

As much as I love him, his music and down to earth approach I can't really watch his car program too much. I'll stomach one, but more than one in a row I can't do. Not sure why that is.

Much as I like Brian I don't think he would be the right person for a shared presenting format.

This morning on Radio 2, Chris mentioned in passing that he was 'being taught drifting in a car'.

This morning on Radio 2, Chris mentioned in passing that he was 'being taught drifting in a car'.
Yeah, I guess actually having to drive for Top Gear will be a huge change for someone who buys Ferraris just to paint them white and have them locked up with a white self-playing piano in a white garrage.

Last edited:
More than 140 lots of Evans? Automobilia will also be offered, the proceeds of which will be donated to BBC charity, Children in Need.

That's an incredible amount of money going to charity. <3

More than 140 lots of Evans? Automobilia will also be offered, the proceeds of which will be donated to BBC charity, Children in Need.

That's an incredible amount of money going to charity. <3

It's the proceeds of the automobilia sales, not the cars that is going to charity.

I'd bet it's a car review or something sort of like when he drove LaFerrari and wasn't able to post it for however long that was.
I can't imagine anything Top Gear related unless it's like a test film to see how he got along with the crew and how he'd do in the big leagues before they decide if they want him on the show or not.

Could be but from what I have seen he is a pretty obvious choice and his existing fan base would make him a better bet than a total unknown. Sure there are some rough edges to his stuff but nothing that having a decent crew around him and professional editors couldn't sort out.

Can't look right now due to being at work but I will have to see if I can find out what the odds are on Harris. Anything over 25-1 might be worth a flutter.

It's just his (Chris Harris) usual announcement that he may not speak for some to-be released cars until the press embargo is lifted. He has done this several times before...

Status
Not open for further replies.