Chris Evans out, Should Jay Kay be in?

chimi

Car(s)
Old Car:Jeep Wrangler
I'm still Happy that Chris Evans is out and watching some old episodes (series 1 and 2) reminded me of how good Jay Kay was, I would love to see him in a bigger role on the show.

Maybe not completely replace Evans, but at least a few segments each season. His laps times and his interview with Jeremy were brilliant.

No reason to replace him, in fact I think they need to cut one or two MORE people.

There are simply too many hosts on this version of Top Gear.

Just make it LeBlanc, Harris and Reid and hope they can eventually re-create some of the magic that Clarkson, Hammond and May did.

No, God no, to many presenters allready, all I know about JKay is what I have seen on his SIARPC segments on CHMgear, but he seems..... fidgety and nervous, they tried one of those....we ended up almost lynching him.

Last edited:
There is no reason to replace Chris, the hosts they have are capable of doing the show on their own.

How about every person on this planet gets a shot at hosting TG. after everyone has their shot, we pick the one who was the best.

Seriously, why pick another host. there are 5 people left to host the show. no need to pick another one.

Sorry....but we found out that being a rich famous guy with a bunch of cars doesn't necessarily make you a good host of Top Gear already. I know that also counts Leblanc out as well...but the verdict on him is still out in a lot of peoples minds still. Jay Kay was alright to have on as a guest on rare occasions, but no way I personally would want him as a regular host.

As has been said before, if they are gonna hire a new host, they need to have A LOT of writing experience and have the ability to lead. Jay Kay can write songs, but its not the same thing. Find another Journo or script writer to have at it....or just let Chris Harris do it like they should have.

No. I don't get why people like him so much. He's an annoying twat and his music is shite.

At first, I thought this was going to suggest Jay Leno, which I think would actually be a pretty great idea. But no to Jay Kay.

Heck no. They need to get rid of EJ and SS, fire every single "writer" who wrote any of the STINKING AWFUL words uttered last season, and hire some people who can WRITE scripts. Then maybe they could make a show worth watching.

just get the writers of Hell's Kitchen UK and have Angus Deayton host the news segments.
They couldn't possibly do worse than the current brigade

just get the writers of Hell's Kitchen UK...

And put Gordon Ramsay as presenter. I can almost see the SIARPC:

"Look at this lap time! LOOK!!! YOU DRIVE LIKE A FUCKING DONKEY!!"

"WHERE'S MY FUCKING HALIBUT?"

Oh god, that's funny.