CHRIS HARRIS!!!!!!!!

Polish

Car(s)
300ZX Twin Turbo
The quality of Chris' automotive journalism is just outstanding. I believe mostly everyone has been in agreeance about this for quite some time, but I just got through some of the videos Chris has done on TopGear.com and was so impressed I had to come here and post about it. Back in days of old school Top Gear, it stirred up so much emotion seeing the guys thoroughly test and explore a car, push it around a track or elsewhere. You got a real sense of experiencing the car and knowing it, even though most of us will never see many or any of these cars in person. Chris gives me that old school Top Gear feeling and it is such a pleasure. :lol: There is just a passion he has for what he is doing, that is very lacking or even non-existent in The Grand Tour.

So good on you Chris, Neil and the rest of the crew producing this magnificent content.

Any chance of Koenigsegewsgehehegge any time soon? Would love an honest review of the Regera.

I may be in the minority her but I personally don't care for him. I had to skip over his and Reid's reviews last season. For some reason he reminds me of Henry Rollins, who I also can't stand. Either way, he is still the better Chris of the two they had, so whatever.

I think the best lineup they could get from everybody that was on the show last season would be LeBlanc, Jenson Button and Tinie Tempah. I realize 2 of them are celebrity guests and it won't happen, but I'd watch that every week.

Anyway, I'll still watch. Because cars.

I've followed Chris Harris since he worked for Autocar about 10 years ago. His career progress has been incredible, but he's still doing what he's great at.

Last edited:
I think the best lineup they could get from everybody that was on the show last season would be LeBlanc, Jenson Button and Tinie Tempah. I realize 2 of them are celebrity guests and it won't happen, but I'd watch that every week.

Harris is, ok. A little fast for my liking but that's probably because I'm used to CHM's style.

If you want stars and hosts, Jay Kay could be a worthy contender. I thought the few times he was in review bits outside of SIARPC were something special.

In the most recent episode I got bored with Harris during his adjective slinging review of the FXX K. It didn't really connect with his review as it was just a bunch of shouting of one word sentences. I need more from him to feel like I was right there along with him experiencing it all for the first time.

Perhaps if he presented some information via voiceover... :)

Been loving him in the new series. I really hope the BBC realizes he is the real star of the show sooner than later. Joey from friends is turning out to be not bad at all, but I feel like Chris is the true front-man here.

The criticisms are all valid, but I still love his stuff. Yes, he's overacting and talks fast, but he has the ability to articulate the feeling? from driving the car in a way that few reviewers can. The enthusiasm seems always genuine. In a way he's the opposite of Matt, who's a fantastic showman, but not quite as car guy.

FWIW, I did not particularly like fxx k review, it was all show and little insight :dunno: