Rumour Mill: Citroen SM: should it be done?

Pedrocas

9gag reposting troll
Car(s)
Citroen ZX 1.4i Tonic
The Citroen SM was one of the most beautiful GTs ever made:

Phlog_Citroen_SM_2882.jpg

Should Citroen redone the C6 into a new 21st century SM? Something like this:

13zbqeq.jpg

Reminds me of a Recent Monte Carlo, :D

I hope they don't because they probably can't do the original car justice, I've not known of them for very long but I'm a fan of them

Supposedly, Citroen's going to make a new ID/DS based upon the C5, coming in 2012:

Citroen_D5_Concept-1.jpg

Citroen_D5_Concept-2.jpg

And with the future Citroen DS2 resembling the old 2CV:

Citroen-Revolte-01.jpg

Citroen-Revolte-05.jpg

Wouldn't it be cool if Citroen decided to make a new SM?

:cool:

They would actually manage to sell less than none, but I'd love them to make it.

The original was fabulous

That render reminds an awful lot of the Honda Insight...(the original one)

The original looks alright, and I can see how some would really enjoy it, but that render is really quite terrible.

Love the render. Maybe they'll do something retro.

Change the nose, and it will be cool.

And Citroen will sell about 3 of them.

I have a thing for quirky Citroens, but not that render.

The C-pillar will make a huge blind spot and it doesn't look quite right.

Change the nose, and it will be cool.

And Citroen will sell about 3 of them.

Exactly what i thought when i saw it.

The original is cool, that modern version of it will be just an C6 with some body modifications. The C6 wasn't what you call a best seller, neither will the SM if they do it.

Last edited:
The thing is, selling is the name of the game. And whilst Citroen would be applauded (and maybe decorated) for doing something different and would have a certain succes d'estime, it would have to translate into sales. And quite frankly, quirky and original or not, how many people would be ready to part with 25 grand for that...? The current C6 is testament to my theory, it is sooooooo different than other luxury cars but ask yourself when was the last time you actually saw one that wasn't on internet (passing by your local Citroen dealer doesn't count :p)?

Citroen is doing so well with its range of good-looking and now reliable cars for average Joes and they should stick to it, a luxury car maker it ain't and won't ever be.

But that'd go against the spirit of the original. The new SM should be futuristic, not a retro inspired car.

You don't think it would STILL be futuristic?