Clarkson on the Audi R8

i like the conclusion alot, took guts

at the same rate i might prefer the alternative he chose

Verdict: Better than my Lambo

Hahah! You bought the wrong car!! :D

Personally, I also adore the R8. Looks stunning, it's fast - it has it all.

I really like the R8 as well. I think Tiffs review on 5th Gear was great. What strikes me the most about the R8 is how similar it looks to the Veyron from the side. I wonder how "on purpose" this is considering Audi (strictly speaking) is a sister company of Bugatti. Can't wait to see Jeremy throwing it into the corners on TG.

I'd go an R8 V10 thank you.

+1

I would wait for that one too. I just hope they thoroughly sorted out all the instantenous combustion woes pre-launch. Because having a fire on a V10 behind you just doesn't sound too good.

oooooooooooooooooooooooo I wanna see JC test the crap outta that car on the TG track.

And is it just me or has Audi gone from a boring dreary German car maker that makes their cars too fat and heavy to one of your most appriciated makers in about 7 years?

The S's and the RS's are all quite amazing. The regular A4 with a 1.8 Turbo engine really is a fun car to drive, they didn't kill Lamborghini, the new S5 looks great and now they give us the R8 which sounds like one of the best cars in the market....I have great respect for them these days, that said after at 2001 I remember saying they're probably one of the makers i hate the most. (My dad had a 2000 A4 at the time and it was quite horrid).

i have no doubt the R8's engineering is probably incredible, but I jus don?t know about the styling. It looks like a TT that?s been injecting performance enhancing steroids..
And the audi line up in general reminds me of an incestuous family, they all look the same..
:yucky:

jc and r8

jc and r8

"the R8 is one of the best surprises of my motoring life. It is one of the truly great cars and the only hesitation I have in giving it five stars is that, ideally, I?d like to give it six."

I also think that AUDI is doing a great job at making cars lately, there is noone who does not like the new RS4, TT, or S5 or R8 even..

I just wish that Top Gear will return to be a little more about cars than coocking about like in the last series. So we would be able to see great reviews of these new cars like 599, new M3, M5 touring.. and I dunno.. oh yea, Porsche 911 GT3 RS and Lambo supperlegera!!

Last edited:
gotta love the verdict that JC gives in the end lol

I've also thought of the R8 as a "mini-me Veyron". Its not immensely fast around a track, but that isnt it's point. Its comfortable, AND fast. Sum up list of cars that had better be in S10:

R8
Ultimate Aero
S7 tt
Vantage Roadster
Bristol Fighter
Still waiting on a Panoz Esperante
Mosler
Ultima GTR
Caterham 330
lexus ls600
rolls royce drophead
Ford GTX1
Lambo Superlegarra

And about 50 others

i have no doubt the R8's engineering is probably incredible, but I jus don?t know about the styling. It looks like a TT that?s been injecting performance enhancing steroids..
And the audi line up in general reminds me of an incestuous family, they all look the same..
:yucky:

See that guy in your avatar...that will be you. :p

Originally Posted by DEVON

See that guy in your avatar...that will be you. :p

fair enough mate.. but ill make sure im sitting in a R8, so when you set me alight, i can make sure theres one less AUDI in the world :D
:blowup: