Clarkson on the Audi R8

I'm surprised he didn't bag it for not having 'supercar flare'. I don't care though (that he didn't bag it) as I love it too. I guess you could say it has that flare, just in a different, more business-like way :p

I'm surprised he didn't bag it for not having 'supercar flare'. I don't care though (that he didn't bag it) as I love it too. I guess you could say it has that flare, just in a different, more business-like way :p

At least it has more flare than a 911

R8
Ultimate Aero
S7 tt
Vantage Roadster
Bristol Fighter
Still waiting on a Panoz Esperante
Mosler
Ultima GTR
Caterham 330
lexus ls600
rolls royce drophead
Ford GTX1
Lambo Superlegarra

And about 50 others

1) Good luck on the Ultimate Aero, S7 TT, Bristol Fighter, Panoz Esperante and Mosler. They never will have those cars on Top Gear.

2) Its Lambo Superleggera, not Superlegarra.

3) Also can't wait for the ones not in (1)

On Saturday I had the chance to see it in reality- oh my god!
It's even more gorgeous when it's perfectely lit in an Audi showroom.
I was like a child in a sweetshop!
What a car :heart:

No Boss & Polly,

just so you know,
i couldnt care less what you think about my font size, my spelling or my avatar..

:glare:

No Boss & Polly,

just so you know,
i couldnt care less what you think about my font size, my spelling or my avatar..

Take it from a fellow Mancunian, your font size sucks major balls.

just so you know,
Good. Then I'm sure our mods could care less whether you get banned or not. :rolleyes:

:ban?:
ok ok!!
TELL THE MODS NOT TOO SHOOT!!
ILL PUT MY GUN DOWN
lol
does the little font really look f'd up on your screens?

it hurts me to do it, but i?ll change my ways..:cry:

oh, one last thing.
audi need to stop naming the majority of their cars after paper sizes.. lol
:D

Btw; The official Sport Auto Supertest time for the Audi R8 on the Nordschleife is 8:04, so it just misses the 'eight-minute-barrier' despite it's sport tires and carbon brakes... For a reference the standard Porsche 911 Carrera S (355 hp) has recorded a time of 8:05, the GT3 on the other hand did a 7:48. Just for fun though, the Aston Martin V8 Vantage did an 8:03. Source All of these cars are driven by Sport Auto's prodriver, Horst Von Saurma. It should also be noted that the track is closed off when these flying laps are done, also they only do these tests under optimal conditions.

Details on the R8's lap can be read here (In German)

Last edited:
i have no doubt the R8's engineering is probably incredible, but I jus don?t know about the styling. It looks like a TT that?s been injecting performance enhancing steroids..
And the audi line up in general reminds me of an incestuous family, they all look the same..
:yucky:

if you don't like the car or the styling, why did a thread titled about the Audi interest you enough to read? i don't know about you, but i usually pass up threads about cars i dislike.

I'd take it over the 911 any day of the week.

Of course, I'm like Jeremy, I hate the 911. Even with all of the goodness that it brings to everyday motoring.

oh, one last thing.
audi need to stop naming the majority of their cars after paper sizes.. lol
:D
heh, yeah. "Audi ANSI B Ledger! Audi 8x10 Quarto!" :drums:

Ok, that was lame on my part. :unsure:

if you don't like the car or the styling, why did a thread titled about the Audi interest you enough to read? i don't know about you, but i usually pass up threads about cars i dislike.

i originally read it because i wanted to see jez's opinion on the car. to be honest i do like audi. (i pray to god each nite for a black RS4 estate). i love their engineering, and their quality. its their styling im not a fan of.
all that bur:blowup:ning a audi stuff was just a joke.