Clarkson: Clarkson to appear in Eric Bana documentary

What do you guys make of Jay's comment that Bana wouldn't have crashed the car if he had put in his own blood sweat and Tears?

I thought that was a pretty strange comment (almost rude). He obviously did a lot of work on it in the past, but maybe he got a tuning company to set it for the Targa rally.
And even if he didn't do the most recent upgrades, it's not like he purposely pushed the car beyond his limits. Unexpected things can happen in Tarmac rallies (Peter Brock comes to mind), I would've thought Jay knew that. If Dr. Phil had said that, I would've dismissed it, because he wouldn't know the first thing about racing (and the limit of traction).

I think you've misinterpreted it - Jay's saying that crashing the car was all part of Eric's connection & relationship with the car - all part of the journey he's taking with the car. It's compliment of sorts to Eric & the connection he has with his car.

I've never heard of him either, but that looks like a seriously good Documentary. I'll definitely be looking forward to this!

I think you've misinterpreted it - Jay's saying that crashing the car was all part of Eric's connection & relationship with the car - all part of the journey he's taking with the car. It's compliment of sorts to Eric & the connection he has with his car.
Ah, I see. Thanks fbc.

AarheadC, I guess some of us aussies know him because he's Australian. He was in Black Hawk Down, The Hulk, Troy etc.

He should've stayed in his Chopper persona, then the tree would've moved :)

Looks like a very well put together piece, I look forward to seeing the finished product and hopefully on TGA.

:-o

Wow. I once saw him say that he's really careful with his money, that he really thinks about his purchases carefully. I'm not suggesting he's a reckless spender just because he owns supercars, but it's a bit of a surprise. Good on him!

dude have you seen his house lol, its ridiculous.

I wonder what's Clarkson's role in the documentary... what do you guys think? Does he interview Bana only or drive the car at some poing...?