Clarkson's Cure for F1 Boredom.

I wish Formula One wasn't the biggest motorsprt in this country. I would much rather watch GT Racing or something similar. I watch motor racing for the excitement factors and you really can't call F1 all that exciting. And yet, every other week when it is on, I will watch it live from start to finish, just in the hope that someone will crash and cause a massive pile up.

Trouble is, even when they do crash, it's not much. A few wheels fall off and the car is out of the race. If this was GT racing, you'd see parts of the bosy work fall off first, like in real life crashes. And perhaps the car would be able to carry on racing for a while, perhaps it would lead to some sort of failure, perhaps it would leak onto the road and then cause a bigt explosion. This is the excitement I'm looking for in racing. Unpredictability is a very important thing.

But, it looks like we're stuck with F1 being the only LIVE racing event :(

I remember watching one F1 race which happened either this season or last season. The track was extremely wet and everybody was spinning out. Even Schumacher spun out! Then one Jaguar spun out but the guy saved it and that was so damn amazing and showed the guys skill. Eventually, a massive crash happened and the race was black-flagged/red-flagged. IT was just too dangerous to go on. I forgot where it iwas. Malaysia? I dun think so.

Also, THAT ARTICLE WAS THE BEST ARTICLE I'VE EVER WRITTEN. Now I truly see how vulgar Jeremy is! "Parachute-sex" "Playing hide-the-sausauge all the way to their villas." hahaha! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think you were talking about last year's Brazilian Grand Prix.

Yes! That's it! It was the Brazilian Grand Prix. Most exciting race I had ever seen.... scary, too.

LOL that was probably the funniest article Clarkson has written on the Sunday Times.

CRASH + CRASH + CRASH + CRASH + CRASH + CRASH + CRASH + CRASH + CRASH + CRASH + CRASH + CRASH + CRASH + CRASH = One damned good Grand Prix :)

A GP can be very good with no crashes. And if you watch racing for crashes I have one thing to say to you: "you suck" It pisses me off more than anything when I see that someone is trying to cause a car crash say, in a rally on purpose. There's people driving, who have worked hard to get the car built and all their work gets destroyed and their lives put in danger.

Back to F1:

If all the drivers are good (which they are) and all cars are competitive (which they aren't) you'll get good racing. The problem with F1 is that the margins are too small. I say bring back slicks & steel brakes, ban carbon, reduce downforce A LOT, ban all electronic driving aids and you get good racing where the driver's skill matters more that it does now. As you can see from my list the new rules by FIA are partially a step in the right direction IMO.

Circulating the drivers in different cars and artificially watering the track has been proposed, BTW.

I was going though my old VHS collection the otherday and found some 80's F1, good god was it amazing, Mansell and Sienna racing like crazy people, bring back the old days!! Speaking of good racing touring cars is getting good again, saw a great race the otherday. But I also found a crazy touring cars race where they raced though birmingham city centre, bloody hell was that good too.

I will be concerating on superbikes and touring cars this year, F1 is rubbish and the rally coverage is terrible

I don't watch it purely for the crashes - but I have to say that I enjoy ust about every crash that happens minus the fatal ones.

I seem to like the BTCC and Catherham racing theres more action in both of them thats why I like both these more then F1.

LoudPipe said:
A GP can be very good with no crashes. And if you watch racing for crashes I have one thing to say to you: "you suck" It pisses me off more than anything when I see that someone is trying to cause a car crash say, in a rally on purpose. There's people driving, who have worked hard to get the car built and all their work gets destroyed and their lives put in danger.

Back to F1:

If all the drivers are good (which they are) and all cars are competitive (which they aren't) you'll get good racing. The problem with F1 is that the margins are too small. I say bring back slicks & steel brakes, ban carbon, reduce downforce A LOT, ban all electronic driving aids and you get good racing where the driver's skill matters more that it does now. As you can see from my list the new rules by FIA are partially a step in the right direction IMO.

Circulating the drivers in different cars and artificially watering the track has been proposed, BTW.
I loved that idea ever since I heard it from dennis.

Hmmm... I've been saying that for several years now

the drivers should just start racing eachother again, now they race the clock, and are hoping some of the competion will be in the pits, so they can pass them :thumbsdown:

Maybe if each driver was given five strong shots of nitrous (nitros) that they could use during the race. That would definately help passing.

They should also line of the cars in the reverse order that they finished in the last race. This would me that Schumacher would have to go through the entire field to win. :thumbsup:

Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
Maybe if each driver was given five strong shots of nitrous (nitros) that they could use during the race. That would definately help passing.
In the turbo era they used to have 3-5 boost increases by a press of a button. Any more would result a running out of fuel

Jeremy Clarkson @ Sunday Times said:
Nobody is saying, ?Hey, let?s sprinkle water onto one of the corners and see how they cope with that?. And to my certain knowledge nobody is suggesting that each driver has to race while under the influence of a different drug. Imagine that: Schumacher on acid, Coulthard on coke and Raikkonen on grass.

:lmao:

Jeremy Clarkson @ Sunday Times said:
Think about it. Every time you find a dark erotic thriller set in Prague on Channel 4, you can be assured it was sponsored by the cr?ateur d?automobiles. Whereas Dale?s Big Cash Holiday Supermarket Price is always brought to you by Rove

:lmao: :lmao: (the horror is that is true)

LoudPipe said:
Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
In the turbo era they used to have 3-5 boost increases by a press of a button. Any more would result a running out of fuel

Thats what the indy cars have... They call it a "push to pass" button. Each driver has 60 seconds of increased boost to use during the race.