Clarkson's Jet Fighter

araracd

Car(s)
Mini-Saab 900 T Cab.-Panda 4x4-Punto JTD-Megane ST
Does anyone know in what video does JC show the Lightning jet fighter in his garden?
Supposedly, when the plane arrived, his wife was saying why the hell she ended up marrying him.

I have loads of JC's videos and series and i've never seen this. Another member of this forum says such video exists. Can anyone help with this?

lightning3.jpg

I can't remember exaclty what it is called but it is a documentary on speed...called "Speed" or something like that. I've seen it on BBC world a couple of times.

**EDIT**

Google and Wiki are your friend.

Wikipedia said:
His known passion for single- or two-passenger high-velocity transport led, during the BBC's production of Speed (2005), in his purchase of an BAC Lightning F Mk. 3 jet fighter, which is now located in the front garden of his country home. It is not known whether the Lightning is still there, but there have been no reports of its subsequent removal or sale.

Although this in incorrect, I saw him on Parkinson (an English interview show) or something where he explained that his wife hated it so he donated it to the local aircraft museum.

that is such a clarkson thing to do.. buy a lightning jet fighter and put it in your garden :lol:

Ah, in that case it must in those elusive Speed episodes that no-one seems to have, cause i have 4 episodes and it's not there.

That's a huge house he's got there!! :shock:

osabros said:
that is such a clarkson thing to do.. buy a lightning jet fighter and put it in your garden :lol:

The plane didn't work. It was decomissioned RAF and is basically a shell with anything of value removed and salvaged by the airforce.

Janus said:
osabros said:

The plane didn't work. It was decomissioned RAF and is basically a shell with anything of value removed and salvaged by the airforce.
Either way, it sure beats gnomes as a lawn ornament.

Back to the topic, does anyone know for sure in which episode does the jet make its appearance?

osabros said:

What will he do next? :lol: Buy a Lamborghini Miura and put it in his garden as he suggested in The Lamborghini Episode... :lol: Maybe his wife will like that.

Episode 6 - The Century of Speed is the one you want.

I want to go photograph it. :blink:

That would be the holy grail for an Airplane Spotters and Top Gear fan.

I think he had to remove it...

I also remember somewhere said he had to get rid of it/ move it or something

Ah, in that case it must in those elusive Speed episodes that no-one seems to have, cause i have 4 episodes and it's not there.

I have all 6... which ones are you missing?

I think he had it removed shortly after because the town council thought it was too ugly or something

They didn't believe it was a "garden ornament"