COD: Modern Warfare 2

The ending to the singleplayer campaign is the cheesiest, most melodramatic gob of schmaltzy generic action movie fare I've ever witnessed, enough for Michael Bay to cream himself while taking notes. Discuss.

I didn't like the singleplayer campaign.. It's WAY too short and the maps themselves are too short, feels like you start playing and then it's loading time for next map... And yes, the story was pathetic...

Working through the Spec Ops missions on veteran with my brother. Still haven't gone online yet but 4-player local multiplayer is great fun! I was never much into any of the Call of Duty games but I now see what all the fuss is about.

Looking back, the plot was rubbish. It had more holes than swiss cheese after artillery bombardment, with some parts making absolutely no sense other than 'shit blows up.'

I was surprised to see they had the same writer from COD4. That game's plot may have been more traditional, but with the SAS in that game they created a close-knit band of brothers who I kind of cared about.

With MW2, I didn't really give a shit. The only characters I liked were already from the original game becuase they already had the gift of development
it's not like I even had the chance to like the task force members anyway, they all get cut down before any character development. In fact with the case of Ghost, they sent you on a mission with him, and by the end I start liking the guy more, and they kill him off. what the fuck.

Not only that, but the
betrayal
sub-plot is pants-on-head retarded and detracts from the main storyline (whatever the hell that was) to the point where the whole thing just gets forgotten and makes no sense whatsoever.

I have a feeling the writer was shown a whole load of set pieces, each more stupid than the next, where someone goes "So we want the White House Blowing up!" then "we want more explosions-In Space!" then finally "a massive final fight..on unicorns...in space, with a helicopter flying across a setting sun!" and was then told to try and thread a plot through said set pieces.

I expect the Michael Bay-directed movie to be out next year.

Last edited:
I finally got my 360 back from MS after it RRoD'd. It RRoD'd the night before MW2 came out.. so I finally got to play. I'm kinda disappointed that Hardcore mode starts at lvl 19. I hate playing regular multiplayer modes. I like the having to sneak around. :)

yeah but
the whole plot was actually about the betrayal. I had no idea wtf was going on while I was actually playing it and didn't figure it out until a while after. Shepherd knew the russians wouldn't be fooled and would leave the body at the airport pinning the whole shabang on the yanks (that makes no sense). Only Task Force 141 and Shepherd knew about sending whatshisface to Russia, so now Shepherd wants to kill them to tie up the loose ends (only half makes sense, the only reason they'd know that it getting all screwed up was what Shepherd had planned was when Shepherd basically told them - doesn't make sense). Then the ACS module... what was that about? Did Shepherd give the russians a hacked ACS module or something? And then Makarov takes Task Force 141's side? And in the end the war never ended or anything. And why the hell did Price launch that nuke? That didn't accomplish anything worthwhile.

so all in all, the plot made no sense and was full of holes and even if you managed to follow it (which I didn't at all while playing it) it was utter garbage. Fun campaign though.

Last edited:
Working through the Spec Ops missions on veteran with my brother. Still haven't gone online yet but 4-player local multiplayer is great fun! I was never much into any of the Call of Duty games but I now see what all the fuss is about.

Just wait until you have to clear the juggernauts from the favela. It took me like 200 tries with a friend before we found a glitch.

^Yup, that's exactly what we got to (and left it at) last night. We can kill the first two easily enough, and managed to kill a third once...

In regards to the plot, and the final ending:
Did I really shoot down a Pave Low with a machine pistol? Every single freakin' vehicle is indestructible, and that's the cop-out they give us?

Going through the Spec Ops missions, trying to get each one on Veteran. The Museum is fun, too. :D

In regards to the plot, and the final ending:
Did I really shoot down a Pave Low with a machine pistol? Every single freakin' vehicle is indestructible, and that's the cop-out they give us?

Going through the Spec Ops missions, trying to get each one on Veteran. The Museum is fun, too. :D

Price is shooting at it with his rilfe( which i think they forgo to make it the anti-materical rifle he has earlier in the mission. Note how price tells you to hold the boat steady while hes shooting at it.

It doesnt make much sense, well most of the plot was far fetched, but yeah, thats what ive gotten so far

Also, about the museum. when you first enter the room, make sure you hit the big red button on the information desk/

:lol: I was just gonna post that!

I liked his review. And the "MW4 - Solid Soap" was hilarious. :lol:

well if COD is anything to go off, I am currently the only Australian playing...

On a Saturday night at 8:30PM...

EDIT: Yeah i'm sure a server full of French people is a "good" game

Last edited: