Coffee!

Anybody else here like the smell better than the taste? Don't get me wrong, I really like coffee, but I LOVE the smell. Every time (well, almost) I go to the grocery store, I deliberately go down the isle with coffee grounds to get a good whiff.

I've been into coffee for around a couple of years now, I can't get any coffee at home so anytime I get coffee it's when I'm out and about, in Australia I like the coffee in small cafes the best, but if there's none around, Gloria Jeans or Hudsons can usually suffice, though my absolute favorite place for coffee in the world is

Cafe: http://www.caffevergnano.com/vergnano_it.php

I found it when I was on holiday in Hong Kong

When it comes down to how it's prepared I'm generally a sucker for anything that has milk in it (But not so much so that it overrides the taste of the coffee), mochas/lattes/cappacinos/macchiato whatever. With beans I prefer a slightly dark roast with a full flavour.

Ew, I hate coffee so much! I don't get it why mostly everyone I know can drink the stuff.

Hey everyone is entitled to their opinion. I wouldn't have written likes and dislikes if I didn't welcome the dark side as well :p

Coffee really is an acquired taste. Don't drink it black when you first try coffee, it's too bitter to appreciate. Dilute the acidic feeling of coffee with some milk and cure the bitterness with some sugar. Then slowly reduce as you wish and you'll appreciate coffee much more. I'm sure of it.

Wine and Beer are also acquired. When I first had my taste of them I didn't like them but now I like both (beer more). Same for coffee, it's just a matter of time and experience.

Anybody else here like the smell better than the taste? Don't get me wrong, I really like coffee, but I LOVE the smell. Every time (well, almost) I go to the grocery store, I deliberately go down the isle with coffee grounds to get a good whiff.

I love the smell. I've been given coffee grinding duty these days whenever we go get groceries. I absolutely love it and I keep stealing a couple of coffee beans from the dispenser to smell and eat. Whenever we need to pick up a pack of coffee in India I get excited because the smell in the coffee shop is just DIVINE.

I'm 300% certain that's how Heaven smells.

I like the smell of coffee, but I only drank it once in my lifetime.

Once.

I love the smell. I've been given coffee grinding duty these days whenever we go get groceries. I absolutely love it and I keep stealing a couple of coffee beans from the dispenser to smell and eat. Whenever we need to pick up a pack of coffee in India I get excited because the smell in the coffee shop is just DIVINE.

I'm 300% certain that's how Heaven smells.

That, and gasoline, minus the carcinogens, would be what Heaven smells like.

I've never been big on coffee, it hasn't helped me out much, but halfway through last semester our university library was refurnished, with a 2nd location for Freedom of Espresso. I've been experimenting with them and their Ethiopian Yirgacheffe blends lately, but plan to delve into it weekly and add less cocoa and half-n-half. :D

Then again, I don't know shit about coffee and plan on developing a taste. The last time I had a decent cup of coffee, surprisingly enough, was a Hazelnut blend from a rest area on the Masspike to keep me awake at 2 in the morning driving back to Syracuse (and a bunch of mediocre iced coffees from Dunkin Donuts). Glad I'm done with that shit now.

Then again, I don't know shit about coffee and plan on developing a taste. The last time I had a decent cup of coffee, surprisingly enough, was a Hazelnut blend from a rest area on the Masspike to keep me awake at 2 in the morning driving back to Syracuse (and a bunch of mediocre iced coffees from Dunkin Donuts). Glad I'm done with that shit now.

Blech :sick:I hate iced coffees! It completely ruins the flavor, and when it's cold it's just not as good, and it doesn't smell as amazing either. I also don't much care for Hazelnut flavor in coffee, I don't know why. But I'd kill to get at anything mocha. :lol:

My day since about a half hour ago:

Alarm went off, I pressed snooze.
Alarm went off again, I pressed snooze.
I woke up and used the bathroom.
I made a b-line for the coffee maker.
I made this post.

A good start to a day!

Blech :sick:I hate iced coffees! It completely ruins the flavor, and when it's cold it's just not as good, and it doesn't smell as amazing either. I also don't much care for Hazelnut flavor in coffee, I don't know why. But I'd kill to get at anything mocha. :lol:

Iced Coffee owns, any Australian will tell you Farmers Union Iced Coffee is where it's at.

I like iced coffee in the same way I like lemonade. I only really find it appropriate when its 95 degrees outside and usually only if i want to stay awake for something as i usually don't prefer coffee with any cream or sugar.

My day since about a half hour ago:

Alarm went off, I pressed snooze.
Alarm went off again, I pressed snooze.
I woke up and used the bathroom.
I made a b-line for the coffee maker.
I made this post.

A good start to a day!

:eek: Turn off your alarm before it goes off again! :p

Oh snap! :eek: I forgot to list that step but I'm often guilty of leaving the alarm on when I leave. When I return I'm greeted by the sound of the local rock station playing from a crappy mono speaker. It's barely even distinguishable as music.

Most people call me crazy but I prefer a cup of coffee from a gas station over something whipped up at a coffee shop. In general I like flavored coffees brewed medium strength with a hint of sugar and cream. Right now I'm sipping down some cheap Maxwell House with some Coffee Mate Italian Sweet Cream. It's very good actually. :)

As for the energy I really don't feel anything from coffee until I've had a lot and I prefer not to do that because I'm having to pee every 15 minutes. In general caffeine won't wake me up but it will keep me up all night and not in a good way.

I hate starbucks. they overcharge for a pack of teenagers to press a button to get you some expensive variant of something that's average at best. I agree with you on the Gas Station Bit. not most places, but Speedway has awesome coffee. It's awesome because it's above average taste and freshness for like...1/3rd of what starbucks charges.

ohh.. anyone want Heaven-like coffee born of this earth? Get some Kona....

it's Expensive Hawaiian Coffee, like runs anywhere from $20-50/lb. but my god it's heaven in a bean.

the Taste is almost like melted chocolate in TEXTURE, WARMTH, and SMOOTHNESS. like drinking silk. It has a robust and inviting aroma, and I randomly will either drink it straight or with some French Vanilla creamer. Mind you, I'm the guy who used to put so much sugar in my coffee that if you added a little lemon juice, it tasted like tea. So when i say this stuff is FANTASTIC, I mean it. My wife grew up working in a coffee shop, thanks to her mom owning one, and she got me hooked on it. now that she's pregnant im not allowed to make it (and i want it BAD) and i fiend for it.

(I'd prefer she made it for me anyway, even if she's just setting up our Hamilton Beach Brewstation plus for the morning)

I have a nice big 24oz. cup too...one time at work, guy saw me with it and was like "Now THAT is a proper coffee cup!" :D