College Basketball

So one of my coworkers was laying out his picks for Streak For The Cash (no, not that kind of streak) and asked me if Duke would win its first game by 25 points. I said no, even in the first round it couldn't possibly be that lopsided. Final score? Duke 87, Hampton 45. Oops.

Oh that Duke loss was sweet. My parents are Zona alums, well for their doctorates anyways(doesn't count as much) but they were freaking out all game. It was nice to see Arizona back on a winning path, I grew up in Tucson as a young kid during the rabid Lute Olsen years.

Oh that Duke loss was sweet. My parents are Zona alums, well for their doctorates anyways(doesn't count as much) but they were freaking out all game. It was nice to see Arizona back on a winning path, I grew up in Tucson as a young kid during the rabid Lute Olsen years.

:lol: I knew somebody would enjoy that. All credit to Arizona, they absolutely made that place their own during the second half.

Hey I've got another reason for everybody to hate the NCAA...more. Wednesday night an Oklahoma State University student was killed in a car accident returning home from spring break (not her fault, some dude drifted into her lane). Apparently she was a huge Duke fan and somehow Coach K got a hold of this information and wanted to make an announcement and dedicate the game to her....well the NCAA put a stop to that saying it wasn't a Duke game it was an NCAA game, therefore you are not allowed to make announcements of this kind.

Hey I've got another reason for everybody to hate the NCAA...more. Wednesday night an Oklahoma State University student was killed in a car accident returning home from spring break (not her fault, some dude drifted into her lane). Apparently she was a huge Duke fan and somehow Coach K got a hold of this information and wanted to make an announcement and dedicate the game to her....well the NCAA put a stop to that saying it wasn't a Duke game it was an NCAA game, therefore you are not allowed to make announcements of this kind.

Don't you know that the NCAA owns the schools, coaches, games, footage, and especially the players?

Fuck you NCAA, as much as I hate to say it I hope it burns.

OVERTIME! Man, Butler has been a huge surprise again this year.

Dook lost. Go Heels!

TugCv.jpg

Maryland Terps Head Coach Gary Williams decides to retire:

Gary Williams considered retiring after Maryland stunned Duke and the rest of the ACC in 2010 to earn a share of the conference regular-season title.

But the competitor in Williams saw another challenge, trying to coach the Terrapins up after losing his senior starting backcourt of Greivis Vasquez and Eric Hayes.

The Terps weren't able to reach the postseason this past March, finishing in the middle of the ACC.

As late as early evening Wednesday, Williams was talking about the big men he had to replace sophomore Jordan Williams, who had decided to remain in the NBA draft.

But in a stunning move, Williams announced Thursday he is retiring. A news conference will be held at 1 p.m. Friday at the Comcast Center, a building that is a testament to the program that he built.

The drive and fire that had defined Williams throughout his 33 years as a coach at American University, Boston College, Ohio State, and the last 22 at his alma mater at Maryland, has diminished. He added that his health is fine and was not a part of his decision to retire.

More at: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=6487292

Aw, sweaty Gary has sweated for the last time.

Just the last time as the head coach of UMD. If you think he's gonna stop sweating because he's retired, well...

q3DC5l.jpg

and now for a post about a chicken from the land of oz throwing balls through a ring

and now for a post about a chicken from the land of oz throwing balls through a ring

While student tickets to last night's KU vs Ohio ST game were only $25, I couldn't quite justify the gas / hotel expenses. I ended up doing the next best thing and watched the broadcast in Allen Fieldhouse. Definitely an amazing experience and an amazing game. Like any college student, I snapped some pics with my cellphone.

First of all, regarding the game: I'm friggin scared for Kentucky because Ohio St. took way too much luck. Regardless, its a great team and its been an amazing "rebuilding" year.

0331021810.jpg

Watching the Louisville - Kentucky game. Everyone cheered for Louisville!

0331021931b.jpg

0331021935.jpg

0331022220.jpg

Ok, I really need a better phone!

0331022309.jpg

Downtown Lawrence was filled with people as far as the eye could see! It was a great crowd though, almost no violence, just a lot of hugs, high fives (well, vomit too :lol:)

Friday night I got grabbed for a quick tv interview about the fact that bars downtown were charging massive cover charges. I said on camera that nothing would stop them from enjoying the game with other fans. The joke's on them, because I was glad to watch the game where I did. Energy of the Crowd > Alcohol! I'll be back tomorrow night! Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

Sooo, Duke beat UNC again.

In before haters hating.

Sorry Tom Izzo, but it was our night. Again. Still.