College Football. Does anybody watch?

From a good article on Slate:

This column has already crowned its national champion. With its background in the boxing world, this column believes if you're not going to have a fair championship system, the best alternative is to crown the guy who beat the guy who beat the guy.

That guy is Tulane.

The Green Wave went 2-10 this year, but they made those wins count. One of them was over Louisiana-Monroe, so I think you see my point.

No? OK: Tulane beat Louisiana-Monroe, who beat Troy, who beat Middle Tennessee, who beat Maryland, who beat Wake Forest, who beat Mississippi.

Aha! Mississippi!

What do you mean, so what? Ole Miss beat Florida. But that's not all. The Rebels also beat Texas Tech, who beat Texas, who beat Oklahoma.

There's a direct line of losing from both teams in the BCS Championship Game to Tulane. That's what makes Tulane, last seen losing 45-6 to Memphis, your 2008 national champion.

http://www.salon.com/sports/kaufman/feature/2009/01/06/utah/index.html

When I saw this image on the screen after the final, I *knew* I would see it again the next day on the internet.

ougirl05.jpg

LOL.

You play the clarinet. You already lost before the game started.

trumpet ftmfw

You play the clarinet. You already lost before the game started.

trumpet ftmfw

:lol:

But yeah, small woodwinds are useless in marching band. You can only hear the Saxophones (I played Tenor) and the Brass.

What are your thoughts on Lane Kiffen? Football season is indeed not long away 18 days 17 hours 35 minutes and 25....24....23...

I'm interested in seeing how Syracuse football fares this year, as we finally shitcanned Greg Fucking Robinson with someone who doesn't have the coaching skills of a passed-out meth addict on social services.

Hopefully alum Doug Marrone doesn't suck as much. :dance:

^I'm very curious how Greg Paulus does, I'm normally very anti-anythingassociatedwithDuke but for some reason I like this Paulus kid.

What are your thoughts on Lane Kiffen? Football season is indeed not long away 18 days 17 hours 35 minutes and 25....24....23...
His asshatery is growing rather irksome, but if he wins and then wins big, I'm sure I'll get over it. Winning is the cure-all for most anything, take Nick Saban for example, he is one of the biggest douche canoe's in recent memory, but a 12 win season cancels out all misdeeds.

See I was going to call him a douche but I didn't want to drag your coach through the mud before I heard your opinion of him:D. While I'm a huge OSU fan I enjoy good football from anywhere and I'm excited to see what Monte Kiffen does with Eric Barry! I also think it is funny that the last 4 posters in this thread support a team whose dominant color is orange!

Ohh yeah Big XII defenses watch out for our running back! Is it possible to have negative body fat...?:D
http://img269.imageshack.**/img269/8408/notyours.jpg

My favorite game...I was actually in the stands for this one and the Florida game that year.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_U6yNYEAQo[/YOUTUBE]

Well, being a UW fan means this season will either be tough or extremely painful. I really believe in Coach Sark and Nick Holt but who knows, we were 0-12 last year :( (BTW, fuck the refs in the BYU game)

Oh, and UW is starting by playing LSU.

As a CWU student, here comes a Div 2 championship! We're ranked 14th in the nation and had some impressive transfers in the off season. I just wish I was on the main campus so I don't have to drive 3 hours through a mountain pass to get there. And our rival, WWU, just canceled their football program this summer (hey, we're D2 here) which means no more 'Battle in Seattle' rivalry game.

I can't wait for Pac10 ball to start! Should be a great season, though I don't see us producing a NC contender. Mainly because we schedule real opponents....SEC :p

Yay, another season of Big Ten football which starts with loads of hype and whinging that we don't need a championship game like those other conferences, and inevitably ends up with the champion being massacred by USC in the Rose Bowl. I can hardly wait.

A lot of the meedja are picking Ohio State and Penn State to lead the conference, and for Purdue to be rubbish. I root for the Badgers (beware, Bucky can and will attack your testicles if you piss him off). They're predicted to be a mid-pack team, and based on looking at what they have for a team I can't object to that. Hopefully Jon Clay will stay healthy and have a 1,000-yard season.

Well everyone is expecting Arizona to not do as well as last year which is understandable considering what they lost but I think they will do a little better. They just need to finally pick a qb! It's not like they don't have the perfect receivers (in my avatar) for a new guy to throw to.

Yay, another season of Big Ten football which starts with loads of hype and whinging that we don't need a championship game like those other conferences, and inevitably ends up with the champion being massacred by USC in the Rose Bowl. I can hardly wait.

A lot of the meedja are picking Ohio State and Penn State to lead the conference, and for Purdue to be rubbish. I root for the Badgers (beware, Bucky can and will attack your testicles if you piss him off). They're predicted to be a mid-pack team, and based on looking at what they have for a team I can't object to that. Hopefully Jon Clay will stay healthy and have a 1,000-yard season.

I would agree OSU(I'm not biased...) and Penn State will lead the Big Ten, but they will both get dominated in bowl games, continuing to ruin the reputation of the Big Ten.