College Football. Does anybody watch?

, a problem with teams who "haven't been there" is they look ahead. Tech has never been to the big 12 title game, and have only had a share of the title twice but that was back in the old conference not the big 12. Not likely but than again Oregon State being USC wasn't likely.
One time will have to be the first... Eventually... :p

It's not just opinion based, they have 2 opinion based polls but there are 6 different computers that rank teams and have more say in the BCS than people do. Computers don't have friends at schools and don't favor historic teams.

And the polls just get you INTO the title game, you still have to win it (ask the big 10)

It may not be perfect but the champs are still the champs, the years where there is huge controversy still don't compare to the years where it is a true winner. When Texas beat USC they were the only 2 undefeated teams in the nation.

And if you're saying they aren't the real national champs than who is?

It takes away from the greatest part of sports though: human desire. The Red Sox shouldn't of won the Series in 2004. The NY Giants shouldn't of won the Super Bowl last year. The Phillies were not the best team of the year, and by the statistical way college football works, none of those teams would of ever gotten a shot. A straight playoff is the best way to go, it allows sports to be sports and allows the human will to triumph (ie: bloody sock game of 04, Tyree's "catch" last year, etc). College football of the modern BCS era doesn't have anything really badass omg what the fuck amazing are you kidding me noway uh-uh I can't beleive I went to bed and missed that shit games that the pro's have (save 2 I can recall, Boise State and the Texas/USC title game), because the pros get to play it out, the college football world just uses statistics and pits them together that way.

Yes, I'm a huge college football fan. This year hasn't gone well, Fulmer's going at the end of the year because some stupid idiots don't know what a good coach is, our talent level is about the same as my parent's old NAIA school.... that doesn't have a football team, and I've had it rubbed in my face by all the Vanderbilt fans around here. Can anyone guess which disappointment I cheer for on a week-to-week basis?

Atleast the pro team's the best in the nation. :D

Well talent is usually a direct result of recruiting so the finger can still technically be pointed at Fulmer.

It takes away from the greatest part of sports though: human desire. The Red Sox shouldn't of won the Series in 2004. The NY Giants shouldn't of won the Super Bowl last year. The Phillies were not the best team of the year, and by the statistical way college football works, none of those teams would of ever gotten a shot. A straight playoff is the best way to go, it allows sports to be sports and allows the human will to triumph (ie: bloody sock game of 04, Tyree's "catch" last year, etc). College football of the modern BCS era doesn't have anything really badass omg what the fuck amazing are you kidding me noway uh-uh I can't beleive I went to bed and missed that shit games that the pro's have (save 2 I can recall, Boise State and the Texas/USC title game), because the pros get to play it out, the college football world just uses statistics and pits them together that way.

Those are all professional sports, it's apples to oranges. NCAA basketball has just as little as football when it comes to memorable moments. Baseball, well NCAA Baseball is just an espn segment with "and x won." The basketball tourny makes the regular season pointless, and would do the same for football, who in their right mind would schedule a hard out of conference game when you can beat up on coastal carolina and get in the tourny.

And lacking memorable plays doesn't discredit the arguments against a tourny.

Fulmer's going at the end of the year because some stupid idiots don't know what a good coach is

In their defense since the national title they're 3-5 in bowl games with 0 BCS games and are 0-3 in SEC title games. 21 of his losses have come since the 05 season.

With the amount of power the boosters have you have to do a lot better than that at Tennessee.

In their defense since the national title they're 3-5 in bowl games with 0 BCS games and are 0-3 in SEC title games. 21 of his losses have come since the 05 season.

With the amount of power the boosters have you have to do a lot better than that at Tennessee.

Yeah, damn boosters. <_<

Where's Tee Martin when you need him?

All the while in Muncie, IN, little 'ol Ball State chugs along...

The U of C's football tradition is rich. Shame our program doesn't live up to it anymore. We used to be awesome. Amos Alonzo Stagg is responsible for many parts of modern football:the huddle, the lateral, the man in motion, the use of the helmet, numbers on jerseys, numbering plays, the tackling dummy and the statue of liberty play. He also was the first paid football coach, played in the first basketball game and invented the batting cage. The U of C also has the first Heismann trophy. Unfortunately, the year after we won it, our president, Robert Maynard Hutchins said that sports detracted from academics and banned sports teams. Our sports programs never really recovered after that. We're DIII now.

I'll watch/listen to our games, but I don't get really involved. Our Cowboys aren't doing very good, especially after our University just spent $11 million on a new indoor practice facility.

Wisconsin beat Minnesota to keep Paul Bunyan's Axe. Remember when I said one of my brother's friends was a defensive lineman? Had two sacks, including a safety. I think my brother had a ticket to the game, so if he did he probably had a good time.

Looking at the Big Ten this year, Michigan was a big-time disappointment. Still, despite their record they're a better football team than another, more professional team.....

[YOUTUBE]CkgOgssOqss[/YOUTUBE]

Wisconsin beat Minnesota to keep Paul Bunyan's Axe. Remember when I said one of my brother's friends was a defensive lineman? Had two sacks, including a safety. I think my brother had a ticket to the game, so if he did he probably had a good time.

Looking at the Big Ten this year, Michigan was a big-time disappointment. Still, despite their record they're a better football team than another, more professional team.....

[YOUTUBE]CkgOgssOqss[/YOUTUBE]

Notice how crappy teams come from Michigan? Lions, Wolverines.... Red Wings.

JK about the last one. But I am a Predators fan.

Shit...!!! This was embarrassingly disappointing. 21-65. I know about the home-field-advantage, but I cannot believe how absolutely nothing in the Texas Tech offense worked tonight. The defense did a good job though, had the offense been on par, or as good as in previous games, then we could have won it... :censored:
:blowup:

Shit...!!! This was embarrassingly disappointing. 21-65. I know about the home-field-advantage, but I cannot believe how absolutely nothing in the Texas Tech offense worked tonight. The defense did a good job though, had the offense been on par, or as good as in previous games, then we could have won it... :censored:
:blowup:

Well you still have hope of going to the BCS championship if Oklahoma makes it to the BXII CCG and loses to Mizzou :p.

HOOK EM HORNS!!

HOOK EM HORNS!!

As of right now they are #2 in the nation, but next week Oklahoma will probably jump them and get into the big 12 title game. Oklahoma has ranked fairly high ranked OK state while Texas gets to beat up on bottom feeder A&M. And once again the AP/Bias-Polls will keep the team the un-bias computers want out.

I can't really think of any way that Texas can still stay up on Oklahoma without a huge 80-0 win with a low scoring close win for Oklahoma.

... either that or the coaches and press will stop forcing Oklahoma everywhere and realize that if they put Oklahoma ahead Texas will be watching the big 12 title game from home knowing they beat both the teams in the title game.

SAW'EM OFF!!!

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaN_ce47MOY]OWNAGE[/youtube]

RAIDER POWER!!!

:p

Have fun watching the same youtube video while Texas will be either playing for the national title or in the Fiesta/Sugar bowl while Tech is in the non-BCS cotton bowl.

I every once in a while catch a University of Wisconsin game; since I grew up in Madison I suppose it is "in my blood".

Since Barry Alvarez moved on though, so has the glory. I was in downtown Madison when UW won the Rose Bowl in 1994; it was like a third world riot going on. Not that I like to see that, but if you knew just how bad UW was ten years before that....