College Football. Does anybody watch?

This season has got to be painful for a 'consin fan, top 10 team and they lose to horrid horrid Michigan and 3 more after that, and only beat Cal Poly thanks to 3 missed extra points for that rubbish kicker.... but they will still make the Insight bowl.

That Cal Poly game was brutal to watch. If that kicker was more accurate, OT would have been way out of the question. That would have been a major embarassment for the Big Ten again like the Michigan/Appalachian State game from '07.

Yeah, it's been tough being a Badger fan this year, but a lousy bowl's better than no bowl at all. The biggest disappointment in the Big Ten this year has to be Michigan, with all the hoopla about Rodriguez taking over only to see the Wolverines lose to The Ohio State and Notre Dame and miss a bowl for the first time in decades.

Notre Dame lost to a two-win school that fired their coach! I think Charlie Weis is in some deep shit now, especially with the impending "Get Our Butts Kicked by USC Again" game.

No more Big Ten till the bowls, but there are a few games I'm looking forward to. Texas/Texas A&M, Florida/Florida St., Auburn/Alabama, and Oklahoma/Oklahoma St.

See: University of Tennessee Volunteers <_<

Nothing more to say really. :(

I see your down year, and raise you one down decade.
http://img241.imageshack.**/img241/5654/unlvrebelsih1.gif
Hell, if I extend it to two decades my age is still probably higher than their win total.

Edit: Upon further research, I was only off by 50 victories... lol.
Still, that's 77 wins against 163 losses.

Last edited:
UNLV isn't too bad, they're 5-7 with a win over ASU.

Washington/Washington State are a combined 2-21 with one of those wins being a head to head match that ended up 16-13 in overtime in one of the biggest snooze fests in history and the other win was against Portland State, a crappy FCS team.

And UNLV is a basketball school.

UNLV isn't too bad, they're 5-7 with a win over ASU.

Washington/Washington State are a combined 2-21 with one of those wins being a head to head match that ended up 16-13 in overtime in one of the biggest snooze fests in history and the other win was against Portland State, a crappy FCS team.

And UNLV is a basketball school.

5-7, but they lost BY 21 POINTS to San Diego State. Also, since UNLV beat ASU, ASU has only beaten Washington and Wazzu.

5-7, but they lost BY 21 POINTS to San Diego State. Also, since UNLV beat ASU, ASU has only beaten Washington and Wazzu.

The only reason the Vols are going to finish 5-7 is because we have 4 wins - 3 over nobody teams and the 4th against Vanderbilt, who's been our bitch for the last several years - and we face Kentucky on Saturday. Atleast in 2009 us fans can look forward to either Jon Gruden or Lane Kiffin as a coach.

Oh shit. :(

i love football, as im sure every one whos posted in here has, and every single person has been american....that sucks, but it figures. ether way i love my buckeyes. O H I O

number 10 gets us in a bowl, and well we beat Michigan so who cares lol

Actually, football has become pretty big in Mexico. They even have an interscholastic collegiate league.

i love football, as im sure every one whos posted in here has, and every single person has been american....that sucks, but it figures. ether way i love my buckeyes. O H I O

number 10 gets us in a bowl, and well we beat Michigan so who cares lol

Even in an off year Ohio State still manages to be the most overrated team in the nation. 2 losses, no top 20 wins and ranked #10 with a probable invitation to the Fiesta Bowl (where Texas will drop 70 on them).

Boise State went undefeated, had a top 20 win, and won their conference but, no BCS bowl.
TCU lost 2 games but unlike the Ohio State had a top 20 win
Ball State may not have a top 20 win but they won their division and went undefeated

And there is IMO the bigger problem with the bowl season than the lack of a playoff, the BS way they invite teams to bowl games. In 2006 Notre Dame was in the Sugar Bowl because they said more people would watch it, so 10-2 with no top 20 wins Notre Dame played in the Sugar Bowl over 11-1 Wisconsin and a better Auburn team. And since a team that would get ratings thanks to their history went and not the right team it was a 41-14 blowout.

/endrant

Even in an off year Ohio State still manages to be the most overrated team in the nation.

[I[stuff in the middle[/I]

/endrant

Thank god I'm not the only one who sees it that way.

Anyway, our crappy season's over, we have a new coach, and Steve Spurrier still has a bug up his ass from all the beatings he got from us at Florida, and still gets at S. carolina.

The bowl lineups are out!!

Ahh, there's the Badgers. Dec. 27, the Champs Sports Bowl vs. Florida State. That may be a first.

Penn State's the latest sacrifice to USC in the Rose Bowl Game, Ohio State gets Texas in the Fiesta, and the BCS title game is between Oklahoma and Florida.

Just as I thought, over-rated Ohio State got the at large bid solely because they have "tradition" :rolleyes: Hopefully Texas will show the nation they should have played in the Big 12 title game/National Title game and drop 70+ on the Ohio State.

Same with Notre Dame, Bowling Green beat #20 Pitt and is a much more deserving team. Arkansas State, Louisiana-Lafayette, San Jose State are all 6-6 like Notre Dame but unlike Notre Dame they don't recruit from every state in the country. Notre Dame gets a bowl invitation just because of the Gipper and Rudy. :rolleyes:

Couldn't a bowl far, far away from here pick Vandy? I don't want to have to listen to all the bowl-deprived lunatics go on and on and on about how Vandy's in a bowl and Tenn's not. -_-

Just as I thought, over-rated Ohio State got the at large bid solely because they have "tradition" :rolleyes: Hopefully Texas will show the nation they should have played in the Big 12 title game/National Title game and drop 70+ on the Ohio State.

Same with Notre Dame, Bowling Green beat #20 Pitt and is a much more deserving team. Arkansas State, Louisiana-Lafayette, San Jose State are all 6-6 like Notre Dame but unlike Notre Dame they don't recruit from every state in the country. Notre Dame gets a bowl invitation just because of the Gipper and Rudy. :rolleyes:
I'd love to ask the BCS people about tradition. Two of the worst bowl games in history from Ohio State, or one of the greatest bowl games ever from Boise State. :blink: Yeah, OSU can stick it up their ***. Their fans are almost, almost, as annoying as Boston fans.

Please, please, no one mention my Huskies. Tyrone Willingham is a joke of a coach, and the national media continues to play into the delusion that the man is somehow 'classy'. We've got an exciting young coach, here's to the future!

Texas got s c r e w e d. Auburn made a huge mistake. And Tenn has the hottest coaches WAG on earth; will be interesting to see if they get Monte as a package deal with his son.

To add to the list of "screwed" teams that I forgot, Texas Tech. People forget but they also had a share of the Big 12 south with Texas and Oklahoma, they finished 11-1 beating than #1 Texas and than #9 Oklahoma State.

How can a team that tied for the title in the hardest conference in the NCAA this year (sorry SEC you guys had a down year) while going 11-1 with 2 top 10 wins and the only loss against a team that is playing in the national title get passed by a team that didn't win their weak conference, has 2 losses, and no big wins?

It's a shame money gets in the way of fairness, especially when it comes to college athletics.

How can a team that tied for the title in the hardest conference in the NCAA this year (sorry SEC you guys had a down year) while going 11-1 with 2 top 10 wins and the only loss against a team that is playing in the national title get passed by a team that didn't win their weak conference, has 2 losses, and no big wins?

A BCS rule that states that no conference can send more than 2 teams to BCS bowls.

To add to the list of "screwed" teams that I forgot, Texas Tech. People forget but they also had a share of the Big 12 south with Texas and Oklahoma, they finished 11-1 beating than #1 Texas and than #9 Oklahoma State.

It's a shame money gets in the way of fairness, especially when it comes to college athletics.
Yes, lots of grief and facepalm has been shed upon this around here. Especially as neither of the two Texas teams made it to the title game... It hasn't really got any better with the disappointing show the Dallas Cowboys have put on this season in the NFL...

Penn State's the latest sacrifice to USC in the Rose Bowl Game, Ohio State gets Texas in the Fiesta, and the BCS title game is between Oklahoma and Florida.

Penn State Over USC and I'm confident in my team :cool:
Texas over OSU *given*
Florida over Oklahoma

:cool: