Conan "Coco" O'Brien back on TV in the Fall!

Whappeh

Car(s)
05 Nissan Xterra 4x4
http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2010/04/12/conan-obrien-coming-to-tbs/

And the winner of the Conan O'Brien sweepstakes is ... TBS.

According to a press release sent out by the cable network (which, like CNN, is a unit of Time Warner), the comedian is joining TBS to host a late-night show that is expected to debut in November. O'Brien's show will be followed on TBS' schedule by George Lopez's "Lopez Tonight," which will move to midnight.

"In three months I've gone from network television to Twitter to performing live in theater, and now I'm headed to basic cable," O'Brien said in the statement. "My plan is working perfectly."

O'Brien is currently embarking on a nationwide comedy tour, but he made bigger headlines earlier this year when NBC decided to move Jay Leno back to "The Tonight Show's" late-night slot. O'Brien, who had been hosting "Tonight," left the network.

Frankly, though, I think TBS is a bit of a poor move. Nobody watches Lopez Tonight, and putting it on at that timeslot puts it up against some heavy hitters (Letterman, Daily Show/Colbert). Anyway, rejoice in the return of the magical one!

I don't see him being there long. The contract is most likely short term. He'll jump ship quickly, and TBS knows this.

Lopez Tonight has been getting a million a night, which is more than they expected.

TBS is the safest possible move, #9 ranked cable network. So much for all the bravery of coming out on FOX and engaging Leno and Letterman. (Deleting all Team CoCo pictures)

TBS is the safest possible move, #9 ranked cable network. So much for all the bravery of coming out on FOX and engaging Leno and Letterman. (Deleting all Team CoCo pictures)

Yes because Conan has control over the Fox schedule... :rolleyes:

You know Fox not wanting to run the show may have something to do with it.

TBS? Why? I don't even get TBS... I get Peachtree TV (which is supposedly practically a simulcast of TBS, except that they play movies at night instead of whatever TBS plays at night)

I suspect TBS offered him a show, while others did not. Why is this a hard concept?

TBS? Why? I don't even get TBS... I get Peachtree TV (which is supposedly practically a simulcast of TBS, except that they play movies at night instead of whatever TBS plays at night)

I also have Peachtree TV, and they run Lopez Tonight, so they will also run Conan's show. :)

Also, I heard FOX didn't want a talk show because their reruns of popular sitcoms (Seinfeld, mostly) are in that time slot and they probably get a lot of viewers for them.

Also, I wonder what they will call it; there are a lot of talk shows out there and they all have very similar names (The Tonight Show, Late Show, Lopez Tonight, Late Late Show, Late Night, etc. :lol:)

It would probably have to include Conan's name in it...how about..."The Conan O'Brien Sho...no, that's not right. :p Hmmmmmmmmmm :hmm: how about: "Show That's Late Tonight That's Not Legally Prohibited From Being Funny On Television Anymore With Conan O'Brien!" (Andy Richter would get a heart attack trying to yell that out 5 days a week) :lol:

Last edited:
That's got to be your tv provider's doing or something, because I just checked Peachtree TV's schedule on their website and it lines up with what I get. No Lopez Tonight. I don't really care, just saying.

I heard that Peachtree may not show it. But in that case it's possible that one of the major networks over here like Global or CTV may pick it up. I don't know if there's any truth to that but in any case I'll probably end up watching it online if I can't get it on my tv.

Nobody watches Lopez Tonight

I guess I'm 'nobody' then.

Yes because Conan has control over the Fox schedule... :rolleyes:

You know Fox not wanting to run the show may have something to do with it.

I suspect TBS offered him a show, while others did not. Why is this a hard concept?

How the Conan O?Brien-TBS Deal Happened

So apparently a lot of people are giving him shit about "loosing moral high ground" because he took the time slot away from G. Lopez. It's funny how quick people are to judge w/o knowing all the details.

noobs

Last edited:
its awesome that Coco is coming back to TV. I could see the TBS deal being long term. He will owe the show and all the content that is created, he's taking as many as his old staff with him, making $10million per year. Think this will really be his time to shine. November cant come soon enough.

watching some videos from his tour on Youtube, and he's still got it.

Good for him, I sure hope that he'll get back on his feet and kick Leno's ass.